`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do you charge....shipping.

RE: How much do you charge....shipping.
(08-15-2013, 10:43 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Someone is charging me $6.95 for shipping and the item is over $100
Is it international or just going to your courier? Must have put insurance on it or is sending it priority.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-15-2013, 10:51 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Is it international or just going to your courier? Must have put insurance on it or is sending it priority.
The item is in texas and for me it would ship to my courier in miami so I dont know why its so high all it says is standard shipping first class USPS
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I ship in top loader, penny sleeve, team bag, cardboard protection, invoice, padded envelope and Paypal postage.
So, I charge $2.05 almost actual cost.
Over $20 value card = free.

International went up SO MUCH..I charge $6 for everything, even to Canada..
That is the cost, actually I lose a little..

I am thinking of raising my start price of auction (usually 30-35% HI BV) and having free ship for everything..

So a $10 card I start at $3.03 with $2.05 postage (odd #s are used so people think about the price)
Maybe I should go $5.05 and free ship???

I offer free shipping and explain that if a card sells for under $5, then it will be shipped in a sleeve, top load and in a PWE. I also have an option where they can pay $1.99 and I'll ship it in a bubble mailer. If the card sells for over $5, then I ship it in the bubble mailer first class for free. Never had any complaints.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(08-16-2013, 07:09 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I ship in top loader, penny sleeve, team bag, cardboard protection, invoice, padded envelope and Paypal postage.

I am thinking of raising my start price of auction (usually 30-35% HI BV) and having free ship for everything..

So a $10 card I start at $3.03 with $2.05 postage (odd #s are used so people think about the price)
Concept of the odd pricing is great. Also, I was going the route you are questioning with the start bid to include shipping and offering "free shipping", only problem is if it's an international buyer.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I ship in top loader, penny sleeve, team bag, cardboard protection, invoice, padded envelope and Paypal postage.

I usually do $2.50 or $3. Factoring in the labels I print...tape(sounds ridiculous but true)... Bubble mailers. eBay takes 10% as OP said.

Also I d not have a scale, so usually I make a package 5 oz through PayPal. But it's till cheaper than the post office
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(08-16-2013, 07:39 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Concept of the odd pricing is great. Also, I was going the route you are questioning with the start bid to include shipping and offering "free shipping", only problem is if it's an international buyer.
I offer free shipping to U.S. only. International pays $6..unless the card is really $$$$ and I expect a sale of over $100-200..then I ship free International..

(08-16-2013, 07:36 AM)cross4444 Wrote: I offer free shipping and explain that if a card sells for under $5, then it will be shipped in a sleeve, top load and in a PWE. I also have an option where they can pay $1.99 and I'll ship it in a bubble mailer. If the card sells for over $5, then I ship it in the bubble mailer first class for free. Never had any complaints.

This makes sense...and everyone here has posted really good points on their postage pricing and all reasonable.

It just rubs me the wrong way lately when I've been paying 3bucks on auctions for shipping and I receive the card in a pwe and with a normal stamp...On cheaper cards I dont mind the PWE but don't charge bubble mailer pricing for it.

(08-16-2013, 08:38 AM)rentzington Wrote: This makes sense...and everyone here has posted really good points on their postage pricing and all reasonable.

It just rubs me the wrong way lately when I've been paying 3bucks on auctions for shipping and I receive the card in a pwe and with a normal stamp...On cheaper cards I dont mind the PWE but don't charge bubble mailer pricing for it.
If I pay and get a PWE..and they did not state that the shipping was PWE for X amount etc...they get dinged in feedback..poor form all around, even on a low $ card..