`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trading Vent/Rant...........

RE: Trading Vent/Rant...........
(08-30-2012, 12:37 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I'm not mentioning the member as its not worth a flame war. Its been happening more and more lately. Today just annoyed me though. I did a trade with a well known veteran on here 10 days ago. About a week ago they marked their end shipped and even wrote me and said I shipped your end out yesterday. I waited and waited and waited. Today I get their package, and not only was it NOT shipped when they marked it, or even told me, it wasn't shipped until after my DC shows their end showing up.

Its not a huge deal but it just annoys me. I'm not a new trader, or an old veteran with a bad trading reptuation. If you're going to wait until my end gets their to ship, don't mark your trade shipped when its NOT, and don't write me LYING about when you shipped. Do you people (people who lie about shipping time) really think all trader's are stupid and don't check the post marked date/stamp. It makes me not want to trade with you when you lie.

Rant done.
Happens to me more than I care to mention ....better to be up front in the long run....
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

My trade got to in time. Smile
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

I've never really understood why it takes some people so long to ship out. Every trade I've done, I shipped out the card on the very next or the day after. It's not hard these days to mail something. I understand things come up and some people like to receive their end first.....but still. I've always found time to ship the items out.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

so what would you guys suggest doing in my situation?

Trade was agreed upon on 8/7, he has his card and i still have nothing. He marked his item as shipped on the 20th yet did not respond to me asking for DC for another 10 days until after i made a post asking for help contacting him.

When he did respond he told me that i should have had it by now and that he has no DC.. So not only have i waited a long time, but i was bashed in a thread when i asked for help contacting him. I still have no card, and if i post anything i get smeared on the forums for being concerned.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

(08-30-2012, 01:41 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: so what would you guys suggest doing in my situation?

Trade was agreed upon on 8/7, he has his card and i still have nothing. He marked his item as shipped on the 20th yet did not respond to me asking for DC for another 10 days until after i made a post asking for help contacting him.

When he did respond he told me that i should have had it by now and that he has no DC.. So not only have i waited a long time, but i was bashed in a thread when i asked for help contacting him. I still have no card, and if i post anything i get smeared on the forums for being concerned.
Ya...I've stopped posting threads on here as much because I just see too many people get ripped by members simply because they didn't like the post. If I don't like someones thread, then I move on. Never saw a need to really rip on someone but I've noticed that it's starting to happen more and more here, so I reigned in my posting of threads. I read your thread and saw no real reason to rip on you. There have been plenty of threads just like yours where no one ripped on the poster.

Well now that we have hijacked BGT's thread. Maybe I can help explain.

Contact member 1st. Always do this it avoids idiot people from getting hurt feelings. Be willing to wait 2 weeks folks. Mail does run slow at times. ALWAYS use conformation on your end. Says this from becoming a problem. Even for an 8 dollar card.

Contact a Mod 2nd if the trader in question does not reply. AND THEN WAIT TO HEAR BACK from the mod before you post a thread.

In my way of thinking, if the person you are trading with gets mad at you because you are worried then they have done something wrong. Marked shipped 4 days before they shipped and so on. Posting on the boards should be a last resort.

(08-30-2012, 01:52 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Ya...I've stopped posting threads on here as much because I just see too many people get ripped by members simply because they didn't like the post. If I don't like someones thread, then I move on. Never saw a need to really rip on someone but I've noticed that it's starting to happen more and more here, so I reigned in my posting of threads. I read your thread and saw no real reason to rip on you. There have been plenty of threads just like yours where no one ripped on the poster.
Who is ripping BGT? If you think it is me, you are sorely mistaken. ALL I said was, there was still a chance of a flame war if the other party reads the thread. So I saw no reason for BGT to keep the name from us... and still see no reason to keep the name from us. But, ultimately, it is BGT's decision, and if he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to. No skin off my nose.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(08-30-2012, 02:11 PM)all day baby Wrote: Who is ripping BGT? If you think it is me, you are sorely mistaken. ALL I said was, there was still a chance of a flame war if the other party reads the thread. So I saw no reason for BGT to keep the name from us... and still see no reason to keep the name from us. But, ultimately, it is BGT's decision, and if he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to. No skin off my nose.
No no no....I wasn't talking about you. There hasn't been any ripping of anyone in this thread. I was speaking of another thread entirely. Sorry for the confusion.

(08-30-2012, 02:01 PM)mik253 Wrote: Well now that we have hijacked BGT's thread. Maybe I can help explain.

Contact member 1st. Always do this it avoids idiot people from getting hurt feelings. Be willing to wait 2 weeks folks. Mail does run slow at times. ALWAYS use conformation on your end. Says this from becoming a problem. Even for an 8 dollar card.

Contact a Mod 2nd if the trader in question does not reply. AND THEN WAIT TO HEAR BACK from the mod before you post a thread.

In my way of thinking, if the person you are trading with gets mad at you because you are worried then they have done something wrong. Marked shipped 4 days before they shipped and so on. Posting on the boards should be a last resort.
No one is hijacking my thread, it was made for anyone to post on. I disagree with a few things. Waiting two weeks?? Packages rarely take that long to show up unless you are sending outside the USA or you're sending first for some reason. Rarely as in I have had it happen once I believe in 15 years and we're talking ten's of thousands of packages sent.

In my experience if you're sending in a bubble mailer it will get there 3-5 business days. I think you should be able to ship within 2-3 days of your agreement, any later than that and you should be contacting the trader ahead of time. You should only have to contact a mod if you feel you are at risk of getting ripped off. Sure I could have easily messaged the trader like I have done to many others but the response would be either none at all, oops my bad, or some lame excuse. I agree you should always use DC. Of course it started getting pricey for me so I stopped doing low end trading years ago.

I could only imagine how some people would deal with how the boards used to be. No PM system, no trade system, alls you had was your word and reputation. How times have changed.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

For me and I am not very patient I wait as a rule of thumb 2 weeks. Yes most are here within 7 days including weekends but that is just my rule of thumb. As for the Mods they are here to help. If the person does not respond that is an issue be it for whatever lame reason they give. That is why we have the mods.

I use pay pal shipping and my average package costs me $1.84 with DC. Anyone who uses pal pay can ship through pay pal shipping. It is much cheaper IMO.