Beckett Message Boards
Trading Vent/Rant........... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Trading Vent/Rant........... (/thread-1512206.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Trading Vent/Rant........... - bgt masters of tikid - 08-30-2012

I'm not mentioning the member as its not worth a flame war. Its been happening more and more lately. Today just annoyed me though. I did a trade with a well known veteran on here 10 days ago. About a week ago they marked their end shipped and even wrote me and said I shipped your end out yesterday. I waited and waited and waited. Today I get their package, and not only was it NOT shipped when they marked it, or even told me, it wasn't shipped until after my DC shows their end showing up.

Its not a huge deal but it just annoys me. I'm not a new trader, or an old veteran with a bad trading reptuation. If you're going to wait until my end gets their to ship, don't mark your trade shipped when its NOT, and don't write me LYING about when you shipped. Do you people (people who lie about shipping time) really think all trader's are stupid and don't check the post marked date/stamp. It makes me not want to trade with you when you lie.

Rant done.

RE: Trading Vent/Rant........... - dow714 - 08-30-2012

Yea...lying always just makes things worse.

RE: Trading Vent/Rant........... - a2coupe2a - 08-30-2012

I feel your pain. In the past i marked an item as shipped the day i packaged it but wasnt able to make it to the post office until 2 days later. I did however send the trader DC as soon as it went out. I didnt make him sit and wait for the card to arrive. Funny part is i ended up getting bashed for it when the whole trade took less then two weeks from start to finish.

Meanwhile i have a trade with an older member on here that was agreed upon on 8/7 and i still dont have my card. I made a post asking for help contacting him because he wasnt responding and got crapped on.

Its a no win situation.

RE: Trading Vent/Rant........... - bgt masters of tikid - 08-30-2012

Thats what bothered me the most. I've dealt with people on here waiting before they get their end to ship mine. I can mostly look past that, I can handle being quiet about marking a transaction shipped when its not, but when you take the time to flat out write me and say it was shipped yesterday when it wasn't that upsets me.
(08-30-2012, 12:52 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: I feel your pain. Iknow in the past i marked an item as shipped the day i packaged it but wasnt able to make it to the post office until 2 days later.

That being said i sent the trader DC as soon as it went out. I didnt make him sit and wait for the card to arrive. Funny part is i ended up getting bashed for it when the whole trade took less then two weeks from start to finish. \

Meanwhile i hjave a trade with an older member on here that was agreed upon on 8/7 and i still dont have my card. I made a post asking for help contacting him because he wasnt responding and got crapped on.

Its a no win situation.

I hear you, like I mentioned in my post before this one. When someone takes the time to actually lie to me it angers me. The attitude some people have who do this surprises me because they are typically the same people if you did it to them would give you a negative. I wish this site would incorporate more of a MSF for traders who continue to pull this nonsense.

100% agree, i think the system here is fairly broken. I have been doing e-sales for 12 years on my own site and on forums and i have never seen anything like this place. Gets pretty ridiculous..

Yeah, contrary to what my Joined date says under my name I have been on this site for multiple site change overs since I first joined in the late 90's. It seems the site will advance in certain areas but forget about other finer details abouot trading online and fall behind in those aspects. Again, its not a huge deal, but I've found its better to voice rants than to not because it will start to ruin the hobby for you if you don't let it out.

RE: Trading Vent/Rant........... - all day baby - 08-30-2012

(08-30-2012, 12:37 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I'm not mentioning the member as its not worth a flame war...

Rant done.

Your trading partner knows who s/he is, so there still could be a flame war. Besides, not telling us his/her name only does a disservice to the rest of us who may end up trading with them in the future.

I certainly wouldn't want that to happen to me.

(08-30-2012, 01:09 PM)all day baby Wrote: Your trading partner knows who s/he is, so there still could be a flame war. Besides, not telling us his/her name only does a disservice to the rest of us who may end up trading with them in the future.

I certainly wouldn't want that to happen to me.

If they choose to come forward thats up to them. They've probably done it for so long they don't even think twice about it. The thread isn't just for the one member, it happens quite a bit and hopefully posting something about it will make people who don't think anything about it think twice. It just happened to someone else on here yesterday in a thread I read with another senior member. I can say you've traded with them twice so apparently you didn't have an issue with how the traded with you.

RE: Trading Vent/Rant........... - all day baby - 08-30-2012

Was the trade with the other senior by the same guy, or was he just venting about the same type of situation?

Since I have traded with them twice, I'm guessing the situation didn't happen to me... but I haven't traded much recently, so I suppose it could be a new behavior for the trader in question.

If you are talking about my comments I have no idea if its the same person but i doubt that it is - he saw my thread where i was asking for help contacting him and never mentioned having the same problem.

I was more just commenting about the problem, not a specific person.