`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam
ok gang.....time for your bed time.....as for me......its bowling night.....hope to hit the big jackpot :p
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Wow, never thought this would have happened. We made a deal and I received my cards about 3 days after the trade was made. He also bought a couple of autographed baseballs from me. He included the cash in with the cards from our trade, and was okay with me waiting 1-2 weeks for shipping the balls sinceI didn't have all of the stuff with me at school. I'm supposed to ship the balls tomorrow, but I'm going to see if I can contact him first
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Wow... this thread really makes me sad.

I'm not going to make any assumptions, but can only say that I've had good trades with Jake.

I made 3 good sized trades with him sending him a bunch of the Diamond Die Cut cards.

The first he sent me PayPal, and I traded the cards to him on the Diamond Giveaway site.

The second, I traded some cards on the Diamond site and a week later received a Kinsler AU card and cash from him.

The last trade, I traded a bunch more on the Diamond Site and then a week later received a McCutchen AU card and Maris GU card from him.

Both of the last 2 trades, he had my cards in his Topps Account fair and square and still sent out my cards later.

I hope there is some good explanation for this - but I don't see this as a long term plan of evil. Maybe a lapse in judgement caused by desperation?

Jake if you read this - feel free to contact me (PM or otherwise) if you want to discuss anything.

Derek - I hope you get your end of this (and any others), but if not let us know and maybe we can step up and help bring your losses down one way or another.

Either way, this is a good community and I hope it can stay that way.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

When I left today, this was on page 2! I just read the other 23 pages!!

And someone mentioned a couple pages ago about the movie Catfish! This thread is eerily similar to that movie!!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you Derek! I've got some cash in my Paypal so if you're looking to sell some things just let me know.

I also support a group that has full names, addresses, cell numbers and other pertinent information. I can't recall EVER seeing anything like this in the year or two that I've been here, and I certainly hope to never see it again. I know we all work hard for our money, and we all enjoy this hobby. If one good thing came out of this, I do believe this will make us that much stronger of a community, you can already see it in everyone's efforts to track down this scumbag (or person in a serious bind, that made a serious mistake).

Best of luck to everyone in getting what is rightfully theirs. Im probably not a huge help, but of I can do ANYTHING to help please don't hesitate to help.
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

i feel like im watching a live unfolding interactive clue game. Good luck derek , hope you get taken care of. ...so at the moment it seems that this guy is a pedophile who used his son's mom's kidney disease to make everyone feel bad for him, and used his sons name and address to steal money and cards from people ?

From Jakelovescards's profile:
"I used to love this site. Derek is such a lair. I had just told him about the very same thing happening to me on eBay ! Go to hell, I thought some of you were my friends, but I see how you stabbed me in the back. Nice talkintribe you told me you hated Derek, I sent you a ton of free cards and now your his buddy ? What a joke all of you are."
This doesn't explain the corroborating stories from the other traders that jibe with Derek's portrayal of events.

(03-25-2012, 05:17 AM)randall617 Wrote: From Jakelovescards's profile:
"I used to love this site. Derek is such a lair. I had just told him about the very same thing happening to me on eBay ! Go to hell, I thought some of you were my friends, but I see how you stabbed me in the back. Nice talkintribe you told me you hated Derek, I sent you a ton of free cards and now your his buddy ? What a joke all of you are."
This doesn't explain the corroborating stories from the other traders that jibe with Derek's portrayal of events.
I had no side but now we are near 250 post and he has not come to even make a comment on here. What is the killer is the information people were finding out after the fact.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-25-2012, 02:25 AM)motu79 Wrote: When I left today, this was on page 2! I just read the other 23 pages!!

And someone mentioned a couple pages ago about the movie Catfish! This thread is eerily similar to that movie!!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you Derek! I've got some cash in my Paypal so if you're looking to sell some things just let me know.
why is everyone else sayin gthe thread is 23 or 20 pages ? Its 5 on my screen

(03-25-2012, 05:30 AM)john1580 Wrote: why is everyone else sayin gthe thread is 23 or 20 pages ? Its 5 on my screen
They have it set to 10 not 50 per page like you and me.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]