`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam

Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam
He sold me his Yu Darvish saying he had to recoupe the money before his wife found out. Well he must have been desperate cause he sent me an empty magnetic and it was insured through USPS. Not only was I scammed but the PO was too. also it was Paypal so he really goofed now.

What do you have to say Jake?

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam
I had someone on ebay do this once it was a hard fight as i had to prove the package was actually empty when i opened it.. Since I opened it alone with no witness it was a long fight but i eventually won. sorry this happend hope there is a good explanation
[Image: jonathancard.png]

maybe it's just a mistake? did you try contacting him?

i sent out a package last year and completely forgot to the put the card in the toploader. things sometimes happen

(03-24-2012, 12:59 PM)jonathancard Wrote: I had someone on ebay do this once it was a hard fight as i had to prove the package was actually empty when i opened it.. Since I opened it alone with no witness it was a long fight but i eventually won. sorry this happend hope there is a good explanation
I opened in front of the postal carrier. He called the PO immediately from his cell. An investigation is being launched. I also called my buddy whose a supervisor on the police force here in Belton. Now Internet fraud is starting an investigation. He messed up big time here. The package was 100% in tact and no evidence of tampering.

(03-24-2012, 01:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: maybe it's just a mistake? did you try contacting him?

i sent out a package last year and completely forgot to the put the card in the toploader. things sometimes happen
A mistake. Oops i forgot to put the redemption which comes in a case from Topps in the package and instead put another magnetic empty in its place. Oh and the cards selling for $1200. Yeah, not a mistake.

(03-24-2012, 01:05 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I opened in front of the postal carrier. He called the PO immediately from his cell. An investigation is being launched. I also called my buddy whose a supervisor on the police force here in Belton. Now Internet fraud is starting an investigation. He messed up big time here. The package was 100% in tact and no evidence of tampering.
Wow well its good that you have all that proof. That was a big mistake on his part the trouble that it is about to cost him will suprise him. Do you always open in front of your carrier its a great idea i might have to start doing that just in case
[Image: jonathancard.png]

(03-24-2012, 01:09 PM)jonathancard Wrote: Wow well its good that you have all that proof. That was a big mistake on his part the trouble that it is about to cost him will suprise him. Do you always open in front of your carrier its a great idea i might have to start doing that just in case

On insured packages or things like this. Yes!

hope you get everything settled

Wow! This is horrible! Has Jake contacted you back? I had something similar happen to me with a card i purchased on Ebay. It appears the seller had tampered with the package and then dropped it in a drop box with nothing inside. It had a sticker on it saying the PO had received it like that. The seller immediately refunded my money but I would have rather had the card. It was a $150 BV card that i snagged for $20. I figured the seller didn't want to sell the card for that low so they made it look like it had been stolen.

(03-24-2012, 01:17 PM)pietroskim Wrote: Wow! This is horrible! Has Jake contacted you back? I had something similar happen to me with a card i purchased on Ebay. It appears the seller had tampered with the package and then dropped it in a drop box with nothing inside. It had a sticker on it saying the PO had received it like that. The seller immediately refunded my money but I would have rather had the card. It was a $150 BV card that i snagged for $20. I figured the seller didn't want to sell the card for that low so they made it look like it had been stolen.

Oh yeah the card was worth much more than I paid or I wouldn't have bought it.

Wow, this is absolutely disgusting. I've been the guy that has bought more than he could afford, but if I had to recoup losses, I at least held up my end of the bargain. This is downright low and cowardly
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots