`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay or nay on National Treasures?

Yay or nay on National Treasures?
Saw a box of crack at the LCS and wavered and then passed on it. Trying to see what has been popping out of it. No breaks listed, any opinions? Thanks in advance.

RE: Yay or nay on National Treasures?
(01-14-2017, 03:03 AM)rippinwax Wrote: Saw a box of crack at the LCS and wavered and then passed on it. Trying to see what has been popping out of it. No breaks listed, any opinions? Thanks in advance.
I witnessed 5 case breaks of NT and there were some amazing cards in there ... But overly populated with Kyle Waldrop, Steven Piscotty (sp?) and Miguel Sano. (About 2 hits of each in each case) in the 5 cases, I remember 1 Bryant bat relic, 1 Bill Mazerowski auto, a Pete Rose auto and a dual Rose/Robinson relic ... There were a few laundry tag cards and 1 button card. There was a beautiful Stan Musial cut auto. But Nothing earth-shattering (no Mantle, Gehrig, Ruth, DiMaggio, Mays, Koufax or Ted Williams)

Depending on the price ... If its a good deal, then jump on it. There wasn't one box that I would have been disgusted with buying. Each box you get one booklet, and for the most part, pretty nice stuff. Some are relics, some auto/relics.

That's all I know ... Hope the info helps.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I also watched a couple of online breaks. I like the crisp white card stock and the simple design that highlights the player, but I agree with DrMitchJ that there are few too many big names in each case, let alone per box. If you are looking to flip, I would say no. If you want to keep, they would look very nice in your collection. Good luck if you pull the trigger!

i bought into a break tonight and maybe broke even with a nice Correa GU that came out.
The break was 3 cases, 12 packs total.
I had never seen a break of these and would never buy a box. Way over priced for what was coming out of it. I watched the break with my daughter and lost count of the times we both said "WHO?"
I am sure there are the amazing boxes out there but they are few an far between I would think.
I would have been upset spending over $400 and getting any of the boxes I saw tonight.
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

(01-16-2017, 01:46 AM)bzross Wrote: i bought into a break tonight and maybe broke even with a nice Correa GU that came out.
The break was 3 cases, 12 packs total.
I had never seen a break of these and would never buy a box. Way over priced for what was coming out of it. I watched the break with my daughter and lost count of the times we both said "WHO?"
I am sure there are the amazing boxes out there but they are few an far between I would think.
I would have been upset spending over $400 and getting any of the boxes I saw tonight.
This is what I was afraid of. It seems to me that the companies are just saturating these boxes with little to no names. Not saying I need a huge hit every time, but the duds seem to way outweigh the good ones. The discrepancy seems to get worse every year. Thanks for all the opinions. Think I will buy a game used jersey instead.