Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

jaderock Wrote:Another set that I recently discovered is:

1997 Upper Deck Minis - there are actually TWO different 48 card sets that I know of.

Here's a couple of samples from one set:

Favre Foil
[Image: minifavre.jpg]

Thomas Front/Moore Back Error
[Image: mthmoserror.jpg]

Regular cards: Collins, Derrick Thomas and Rice:
[Image: collins27.jpg]
[Image: m-thomas.jpg]
[Image: rice7-1.jpg]

Hi Jaderock (Peter), thank you for the Curtis Martin mini you sold me.
You say there are two sets of 48 cards, I think you are correct, the scan I have below shows on the left the mini and on the right, the regular card.
The Keyshawn Johnson card is a 1997 Collector's Choice card, the Curtis Martin is a 1996 Collector's Choice card. The 'mini' cards are fractionally smaller than regular cards, and have no white border when comparing them to the 1996 & 1997 regular issues.
[Image: 1997JetsCardzillions.jpg]

I found an oddball dealer who has some of these minis. I bought the Keyshawn Johnson card from him.

He calls them 1997 UPPER DECK"CARDZILLIONS"~~~~~~~~ SMALLER THAN THE REGULAR ISSUE THESE CAME OUT OF VENDING MACHINE IN "TOYS R US" STORES.
At that time from my own recent research, it appears there were other cardzillions released, but I have not located a site that gives clear information on this set.
Here is the rest of the cards he has been selling
..6 Karim Abdul-Jabbar(FOIL)
..7 Ken Norton
..8 Curtis Conway
10 Jeff Blake
14 Errict Rhett
15 Simeon Rice
18 Greg Hill
19 Jim Harbaugh
21 Michael Irvin
23 Bobby Taylor
26 Jimmy Smith
27 Keyshawn Johnson
28 Steve McNair
29 Frank Wycheck
33 Kevin Greene
34 Terry Glenn
35 Ben Coates
37 Chester McGlockton
38 Isaac Bruce
39 Vinny Testaverde
41 Michael Westbrook
42 Ken Harvey
43 Mario Bates

Beckett OPG only has one of these listed: 1997 FlickBall ProFlick QB Greats. In the Beckett Annual it describes these cards as having a prismatic silver foil front. However, this insert set is like the base set in that it comes in a NON FOIL FRONT (regular) and a FOIL FRONT (prismatic). An example of both versions is shown below:

[Image: front001.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

09 ultimate collection future 6 jersey's gold numbered out of 25.....they made gold ones on the ultimate 6 but in the beckett and on here I cant find an option for the future 6 gold. I pulled it straight from the pack...just looking for a multipler or some info on them...Im sure its not a factory mess-up?
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

jaderock Wrote:Beckett OPG only has one of these listed: 1997 FlickBall ProFlick QB Greats. In the Beckett Annual it describes these cards as having a prismatic silver foil front. However, this insert set is like the base set in that it comes in a NON FOIL FRONT (regular) and a FOIL FRONT (prismatic). An example of both versions is shown below:

[Image: front001.jpg]

Jaderock, the latest printed Annual guide also refers to the Proflick Rookies base only, and does not mention a prismatic parallel, same prismatic being omitted like the Flickball ProFlick QB Greats..
I have the Keyshawn Johnson (R6) shown below, I think I got it from the same dealer who sold me the Keyshawn (Cardzillion) 1997 Upper Deck mini. All the Proflick rookies are available in Prismatic also.

[Image: 1997JetsFlickballRookies.jpg]

nittany13 Wrote:
nittany13 Wrote:
nittany13 Wrote:1996 AT&T Dolphins

This is a photobook of 24 perforated cards of the Dolphins coach and players who were on the team at that time. If I ever get the complete checklist I will record it here. On a side note if you type in "Dolphins NCL" (NCL meaning Norwegian Cruise Line) in the online registry you will see at least a 1997 and 1999 set listed. Those are NCL versions of the photobook shown in the in the enclosed photo.

[Image: cdc8_11.jpg]

Below is another one I found recently, this is the 1998 Sprint version which is not listed:

[Image: Bn2eJlmkKGrHqEH-CkEtrbzuqhBLlJbybgb.jpg]

I now know 23 of the 24 cards that are in the 1996 Dolphins AT&T card book. I do not know if these cards are numbered so I will instead list them numerically by jersey number.

CO Jimmy Johnson
13 Dan Marino
17 John Kidd
22 Shawn Wooden
25 Louis Oliver
27 Terrell Buckley
33 Karim Abdul-Jabbar
36 Stanley Pritchett
38 Calvin Johnson
54 Zach Thomas
55 Chris Singleton
61 Tim Ruddy
62 Chris Gray
69 Keith Sims
76 James Brown
78 Richmond Webb
80 Fred Barnett
81 O.J. McDuffie
84 Troy Drayton
92 Daryl Gardener
93 Trace Armstrong
95 Tim Bowens
96 Daniel Stubbs
There is one other player that I am having trouble identifying, but I believe it is 50 Dwight Hollier.

Also, I noticed that 13 of the 24 cards in the 1998 Dolphins Sprint set are already listed in the OPG. The only other card that is not listed yet that I am certain is in that set is Coach Jimmy Johnson.

I would love to get my hands on those!!! emoticon
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

1977 Amoco Colts Book Covers

This is a five player set consisting of Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Glenn Doughty, Joe Ehrmann and Ted Marchibroda. These measure 13x20, are blank backed and are unnumbered (I believe).

[Image: BiZGvGgmkKGrHqEH-EEEsL4sNOvBLOrz1te.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

I don't believe the Plummer was ever in packs but may have surfaced after Edge ceased operations. The Plummer card was also included on an uncut sheet that they distributed so may have able to be cut off of that sheet as well.

nittany13 Wrote:Best action figures

For at least two years there was a company that made figures of a select number of players in their college uniforms. These packages did not have an enclosed football card like the Starting Lineups and were not as high end in comparison, sort of like the GoBots-Transformers analogy. However these were smaller print runs than the SLUs.

Below is a 1997 example. The caption shows Dan Marino (Pittsburgh) while the only one that I own, Ki-Jana Carter (Penn State), has a checklist on the back that I assume is the complete list. So in addition to those two there is Herschel Walker (Georgia), Errict Rhett (Florida), Marshall Faulk (San Diego State), Rod Woodson (Purdue), Brett Favre (Southern Miss), Herman Moore (Virginia), Derrick Thomas (Alabama), Desmond Howard (Michigan), Reggie White (Tennessee), and Deion Sanders (Florida State) for a total of 12.
[Image: BdHlkDBmkKGrHqYH-EEqu2N-9lBK3fJpdOj.jpg]

Below is an example of the 1998 series (another Dan Marino), but I do not know the rest of the checklist for that year at this time.
[Image: BZcSeLw2kKGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BKmulkB.jpg]

1997 Best Talking Series Series Two

I have seen these sold online before but curiously I never made the connection until now that these were from the same company that I discussed a while back (see above). It says these were "series two", does this mean the collegiate figures above were "series one" that year? I currently am not aware of a "series one" Talking Series. There is a checklist on the back of the package that states there were 13 different talking figures, the checklist should be easy to decipher.

[Image: f721_121.jpg][Image: f805_121.jpg]

*UPDATE - The cards noted below are now OPG listed.

nittany13 Wrote:
nittany13 Wrote:These look a lot like the 1995 Pro Line Instant Energy cards, but are not. The Ki-Jana Carter was once being sold online and the seller said that it was serial numbered to 1,995. Conversely the Collins graded cards say "SAMPLE/1,995" on the back and I have never seen one of these Collins versions that are serial numbered. I am not aware of any more cards that exist in this set or are samples.
[Image: scan0001.jpg]
[Image: BZ6ChR2kKGrHgoH-DMEjlLlvjJvBKofDi4Q.jpg]

Since I posted this I can say with a high degree of certainty that the serial numbered (/1,995)Kerry Collins version does exist in addition to the sample. I now believe these serial numbered versions were bonus cards found in factory sets of the 110 card 1995 Classic NFL Rookies set, perhaps one card per set. Unfortunately I can only confirm right now there were cards produced for Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter (the latter shown in a smaller pic).

I now can confirm that the serial numbered Kerry Collins card does indeed exist. I noticed that both the Collins and Carter cards have been added to the OPG. However the Carter card was not a sample as stated in the description and is indeed numbered to 1995 like the Collins, so I would remove the sample labels for both of those and add the Collins sample without a "1995 were made" description because no one knows of the circulation of those samples.

The first picture shows the auction that I won, I bought the entire 1995 Classic NFL Rookies set to get that one card which is shown in the picture (barely) on the left half. I am not certain if the Carter and Collins cards were inserts for these sets but I am inclined to believe so.

[Image: BwfKzEEGkKGrHqRi4Ev10FIpBMJMIKJLQ_1.jpg][Image: scan0009-2.jpg]

Another variant that is not listed...2003 Ultimate Collection base set (NO Serial #) - should be #/750

Here's one of them:

[Image: fjjf001-Copy4.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]