`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poential Customs fees for sending BGS from Canada

Poential Customs fees for sending BGS from Canada
I'm preparing to send my first card for recasing, but I'm uncertain about the customs fees when it's returned to Canada. To clarify, I emailed the BGS yesterday, and this is their response:

"Thank you for reaching out regarding customs procedures. Your packing slip shows the services received on items sent in for services. You should pay taxes/duties on the services and not for what you sent in for services. Some times it really just depends on the person in customs not understanding how to read the packing slip. They sometimes try and charge you on the declared value too, but you should not be charged on declared value. Just know if you need assistance regarding clarification for customs email us and we will contact them and sort it out . It can go smoothly or not depending on the person handling your package. So this is a very good question to ask us before you have to deal with it."

Will update once I receive my card and know if there is the customs fee for decleared value. Stay tuned!

Timeline:
Package Received: May 28
Order Logged, Invoice Created: May 29
Verification Completed, Grading Complete: May 30
Shipped: May 31
Received: June 3
I have not get charged by any Customs fee yet, but interesting thing happened

Before the recase, the card was graded as 9.5, and auto was 9. After the recase, the grade of auto becomes 10. What a surprise !!!!!!

Today, I am charged for the Customs fee which is only applyed on the service fee (recase fee).

[Image: post_thread_537050838_IMG_4155.jpg]