`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unacceptable dealings with hof member

RE: Unacceptable dealings with hof member
FWIW, here is what The Virginia Unclaimed Property Act says (and my understanding is that this is based upon a uniform national law on abandoned property):

§ 55.1-2501. Property presumed abandoned; general rule.
All tangible and intangible property, including any income or increment thereon, less any lawful charges, that is held, issued, or owing in the ordinary course of the holder's business and has remained unclaimed by the owner for more than five years after it became payable is presumed abandoned, except as otherwise provided by this chapter. Property is payable for the purpose of this chapter notwithstanding the owner's failure to make demand or to present any instrument or document required to receive payment.

1984, c. 121, § 55-210.2:1; 1985, c. 294; 2000, cc. 733, 745; 2019, c. 712.

"Relax, man, I'm pre-law"

"I thought you were pre-med?"

"What's the difference?"

Name that film

(05-28-2024, 10:23 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: "Relax, man, I'm pre-law"

"I thought you were pre-med?"

"What's the difference?"

Name that film
Animal House

The best legal movie ever made is My Cousin Vinny (it's actually shown in real Trial Advocacy classes as perhaps the only time a movie showed actually good and effective cross examination techniques - and it also accurately depicted discovery rules in criminal cases)

Marisa Tomei is awesome in that movie - "posah-traction of the tiyahs"

My favorite Marisa Tomei moment is when George Costanza is fantasizing about meeting her and starts making out with the pillows as his fiancé' walks in and gives him that look. It was hilarious!

(05-26-2024, 08:00 PM)jncdrew Wrote: The consensus so far is I am being unreasonable or out of line for bringing this up. If this had happened to anyone else and you were standing in my shoes you would feel the same way. Do you think if this person had took 10 of chibearsboys 2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133 or mr0264 roadrunner SPX Big Patch sets that would be ok? No it wouldn't and they wouldn't have sold their cards, she would have held them for 20 years if that it what it took. I should have been given more respect as far as a collector or if it we're anyone else. IT is low down IMHO.
I think the issue I have is:
knowing these are big ticket items. How does this get kicked down the line over, what? $20 return shipping? I can sympathize with difficult times, and respect your privacy, so I do not want to invade or ask for justification, but if $20 was that much of an issue for myself, I would have tried to get these back in hand and sell them. 
Knowing most group submissions I have done included return shipping.
The entire paragraph was without dates, or amounts paid, showing some idea of the debt that was or was not accrued.
The paragraph appears to request the forum to rally the pitchforks against this person when also the OP ceased all contact. The entire event is rather unfortunate, but neither you nor the group submitter are without fault or entirely to blame. This is two human beings who both could have handled it better and neither one did. Unfortunately, one of those human beings at fault receives a huge loss, and the other human being at fault cannot be held legally responsible. This is why I responded as such. Yes, it sucks, but both parties failed to complete the transaction.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.