`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra Pro Top Loaders Still The Best?

Ultra Pro Top Loaders Still The Best?
Has anyone noticed how drastically the quality of these have gone down the past few years? I bought a 1000 ct case of the 35 pt Premium top loaders last year and I bet I have had to scrap 5-10% of them due to defects.

I see a lot of new companies selling top loaders now. Are any of these as good of quality as what Ultra Pro used to be? 

Any thoughts/input appreciated. Thanks!

Btw, Go Tigers! Big Grin

RE: Ultra Pro Top Loaders Still The Best?
Nah brand doesn't matter to me they all do the same job which is protect your card. Anything worth having you are likely going to have graded. I just grabbed a 500 ct lot of used top loaders with no sticker or tape residue off eBay for $30 shipped yesterday. The vast majority will be used for low end cards that I will flip on eBay so I could care less who made them as long as they protect the card long enough for it to get to the next guy.

^^^^^^^^^

What this guy said, 100 percent

Yep, the good ol' days are over with.

No one gives a crap about quality (or value) anymore.

I buy the 50 counts at Target for $14.00 even after tax, or the $6 and change at Walmart for the 35 counts.

Im not flipping cards on ebay so I care about if a defective holder is going to damage my cards that go into my PC.

I could care less who made them. What I care about is the quality, which with Ultra Pro has taken a steep dive. I do care about the condition of the holder because I am putting cards in them for a reason. When a top loader has a defect (dimple, etc) it can and has transferred to the card. Which is why I was asking if anyone has any experience with other loaders and their quality.

Sorry, should clarify - of course I care about the condition of the card and keeping it protected.

What I meant was that none of these companies that make these products gives a crap about quality or value anymore.

Meaning, from what I've seen over the last couple of years, there isn't one brand of toploaders that sticks out over another for me.