`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organize Swings to Justify Subscription?

Organize Swings to Justify Subscription?
Back in November my ORG value dropped over $500 due to decrease for Juan Soto, Corey Seager, and Royce Lewis.

None of it made sense, particularly for World Series MVP Seager.

Royce Lewis is now injured, but Soto and Seager just increased overnight to values before November's drop.  Literally, back to same!

Is this supposed to cause me to say "oh, thank goodness I subscribe to Beckett or I would not know the current values".

RE: Organize Swings to Justify Subscription?
They have time to adjust some prices..yet..no pricing on 2023 Holiday Relics (asked 3X) and 2023 Topps Black and White..and many others..just ridiculous.   New prices are as slow as the COVID years.

I had subscribed to the ORG just for keeping track of a large group of cards I've been selling off for someone. After seeing your post, I went into the ORG and saw a small handful of the '55 Topps cards I have in there jumped up. One went up from $15 to $50. Literally have no idea how/where they're getting that as nothing even remotely special has happened with this card or former player in, well, forever. Nor has there been any bump in the selling price of this card, if you go by ebay final prices anyway. It's a very plentiful card of a common player.

(04-04-2024, 07:52 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I had subscribed to the ORG just for keeping track of a large group of cards I've been selling off for someone.  After seeing your post, I went into the ORG and saw a small handful of the '55 Topps cards I have in there jumped up.  One went up from $15 to $50.  Literally have no idea how/where they're getting that as nothing even remotely special has happened with this card or former player in, well, forever.  Nor has there been any bump in the selling price of this card, if you go by ebay final prices anyway.  It's a very plentiful card of a common player.
They probably added a zero by mistake and intended $5. But, why drop?

(04-04-2024, 07:33 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: They have time to adjust some prices..yet..no pricing on 2023 Holiday Relics (asked 3X) and 2023 Topps Black and White..and many others..just ridiculous.   New prices are as slow as the COVID years.
This is messed up!  2023 EEE has been out for over a week and the checklist is nonexistent, let alone wait until August for pricing...if ever.

I think what it comes down to is ... Beckett gonna Beckett.

I just recalled that a few years ago COMC had a seller with 1977 Topps and listed every base card at $45 or something similar. Some of the cards were only 'Very Good condition, too.

That means cards are not valued by selling price, or even sold price, because one man's junk is another man's treasure. The value should be obtained by comparison across multiple brands, versions, and scarcity. I am annoyed that so many Bowman cards #'d to 499 or less are listed at less than $3 when you only get 2 or 3 #'d cards in a hobby box.

(04-04-2024, 07:52 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I had subscribed to the ORG just for keeping track of a large group of cards I've been selling off for someone.  After seeing your post, I went into the ORG and saw a small handful of the '55 Topps cards I have in there jumped up.  One went up from $15 to $50.  Literally have no idea how/where they're getting that as nothing even remotely special has happened with this card or former player in, well, forever.  Nor has there been any bump in the selling price of this card, if you go by ebay final prices anyway.  It's a very plentiful card of a common player.
Is it possible Beckett changed the base condition?  I notice a lot of cards out of alignment because the base condition for the price changed to NRMT instead of NRMT-MT for example.

For example, say I have a 1955 card in NRMT-MT at $20, but then Beckett changes the base condition to NRMT which makes my NRMT-MT cards increase to 250% of the base price.

Kind of hard to explain but I've seen it in my organize.

Just for informational purposes- For those without MDR:
Looking at my soto cards then market data report, it does shows a lot of them with 2024 Ebay auctions as sources, not all. I can look up specific cards if you want assuming you don't have MDR.

2021 Bowman's Best Heatwave Die Cuts #HW16 Juan Soto
Beckett Real Time Pricing: $4.00 to $10.00
Date Sold Price Source Comments
2024-Mar-20 $6.97 eBay Auctions 3 Bid(s)
2024-Mar-05 $2.50 eBay Auctions 0 Bid(s)
2024-Jan-08 $6.99 eBay Auctions 1 Bid(s)

As to the no time to price but time to change value, a person having to input each and every card up/down is not how it works.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(04-05-2024, 06:00 AM)floydtown Wrote: Just for informational purposes- For those without MDR:
Looking at my soto cards then market data report, it does shows a lot of them with 2024 Ebay auctions as sources, not all. I can look up specific cards if you want assuming you don't have MDR.

2021 Bowman's Best Heatwave Die Cuts #HW16 Juan Soto
Beckett Real Time Pricing: $4.00  to $10.00
Date Sold  Price  Source Comments
2024-Mar-20 $6.97 eBay Auctions 3 Bid(s)
2024-Mar-05 $2.50 eBay Auctions 0 Bid(s)
2024-Jan-08 $6.99 eBay Auctions 1 Bid(s)

As to the no time to price but time to change value, a person having to input each and every card up/down is not how it works.

Thanks for the info..so how does it work?  Are there separate areas and teams for new prices and adjusting old prices?  Manning an issue?  Just wondering..