`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else notice ???

Anyone else notice ???
Just got a PSA order back and there were several 9's that I feel could be cracked and resubmitted for 10's. But PSA seems to have gone to a cheaper plastic case that doesn't crack it just bends like plastic does when it melts almost has a rubber consistency making it virtually impossible to get the card out without damaging it.

Makes you wonder if this is by design to prevent people from cracking and resubmitting. This along with the $50 increase for the Collector's Club Subscription from $99 to $149 guess it's time to switch to CGC.

RE: Anyone else notice ???
That's weird. I've never liked their slabs to begin with, though. BGS all the way for me.

Still, disappointing... I have a Fleer Jordan rookie that I wanted reslabbed by PSA, but now I'm not so sure.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I thought PSA stood for "Please Submit Again"

LOL

Always have stuck with BGS for grading. Had bought 2 graded cards from PSA but felt the plastic was cheap.
Thought of giving CGC a try. I believe that's the outfit in Sarasota FL?

I don't have a horse in the race because I generally don't deal with graded cards, but I do like BGS's practice of listing all the subgrades.

Even if you don't like or agree with the grade it at least gives some transparency as to how they got there.

For me Beckett's biggest draw back is turn around time and communication during the grading process. That said they are pretty much the only game in town for thicker patch cards. SGC won't touch them and PSA grades them really hard. I think if Beckett dropped their base grading service to $15 from the current $18 and could get turnaround down to 40 days or less guaranteed or you get 2 free subs on your next order they would get a few more subs.

To my knowledge PSA is the only company that requires you to purchase a subscription in order to get the best price and discount specials. Why in the world people pay $150 / yr just for the privilege to save less than $8 per card on subs I will never understand.

Plus I don't like the "upcharge" thing ... I get that some people say it's because they are insuring higher end cards to send back, but I also think they make enough money they can absorb the insurance costs.

I mean, the other companies don't do it that way ... (?)