Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ohtani topic yet, huh?

No Ohtani topic yet, huh?
Thoughts?

Mildly concerning that there are have been changes to their stories already.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: No Ohtani topic yet, huh?
What a surprise that there is corruption around big bucks?!

Say it ain't so Shohei!!!

Only people that should be concerned are high dollar Ohatni collectors and they aren't going to shout about it from the hilltops. They are going to stay quiet hope he starts off strong and it all gets swept under a rug. 

That said I do have major concerns.....

1. There is little to no chance someone steals $4+ Million dollars from your bank account and you aren't asking where the hell is my money.

2. Was he actually deeply involved or was he simply also trying to sweep it under the rug and cover for a friend who let's remember not 24 hrs before this broke he was laughing and giggling with in the dugout and within that time frame throws him under the bus, fires him, then goes out and plays and acts as if nothing has changed.

3. Would this ever have come to light if the Dodgers weren't playing in Korea or did some overseas snoopy reporter who didn't get granted an exclusive interview or something uncover it and was like " Oh refuse me an interview let's see how you like this " ?

4. Latest I've read is the FBI was investigating the illegal bookie and Ohtani's name just happened to be involved in some capacity and a reporter got wind of it. It's also serious enough that MLB is at least taking a cautionary look and has opened their own investigation.

5. Finally does any of this have anything to do with this mysterious wife that popped up out of nowhere a couple weeks ago ?

6. Lastly I'd be interested to know if the Angels knew and if so to what extent and did that that play into them just basically letting him walk ?

Where there is smoke there is usually fire it's just wait and see if it's just smoldering ashes or a full blown wildfire.

I didn't even think of the possibility of #5, but there's definitely a lot more to this than any of us know right now.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Apparently he's holding a press conference tomorrow afternoon. That said expect a short statement claiming he's the victim and how he feels betrayed by someone he thought was his friend followed by no questions or questions all answered with " We can't comment on an open investigation".

For the record I'm not in the ban him from baseball and deport him back to Japan crowd just yet but at the same time I when I smell BS I smell BS.

What's confusing is that if this guy is his translator, how does he have access to his account? Ohtani He has to know that he is going to be investigated so if he claims that he's innocent that i would have to believe it or else he would be making things worse if he's lying. Pretty much be out of a job and that's not good for us lol. Not another Wonder Franco waste.

One tiny detail I haven't seen yet - I'm assuming they got him a new interpreter?

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

But I would bet my right arm there is no significant punishment coming for Ohtani, even if they discover internally he was the one placing the bets - even on baseball.

(03-25-2024, 10:04 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: One tiny detail I haven't seen yet - I'm assuming they got him a new interpreter?

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

But I would bet my right arm there is no significant punishment coming for Ohtani, even if they discover internally he was the one placing the bets - even on baseball.
Good thing you don't drive a stick-shift vehicle!  He is going down in some fashion but most likely temporarily.

My guess is Yamamoto's translator will fill in. Word is just like I predicted he is expected to read a short pre-written statement followed by no questions from the media. Which IMO will do nothing but add to speculation and presumption that he has a much bigger role in this story.