Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antique Store Find - Not Bad for $20! PIAZZA GRAIL

Antique Store Find - Not Bad for $20! PIAZZA GRAIL
Baseball Banger Bros,

There's an antique store in town that has a small corner of cards and memorabilia and what not.

The stock doesn't change often, but every once in a while I find a good deal (Wade Boggs Fleer rookie for $3 a couple of months back, for example).

Today I walked in and a saw an opened set of the 1992 Fleer Update set on the shelf.

For $20.

I assumed the Mike Piazza RC had been removed, so I asked the lady at the counter if I could check the set quickly to see if it was still in there.

Lo and behold ...

[Image: Piazza.jpg]  

Four sharp corners, slightly off center top to bottom ... for $20 for the set I will take it!

I have wanted this card for a long time but never seemed to make it a priority over stupid retail blasters and what not.

RE: Antique Store Find - Not Bad for $20! PIAZZA GRAIL
actually pretty crisp for a card that was from a box set 30 plus years ago! Nice pickup

Great work. That is a very nice card. Congrats

You can find gems if you take the time to look..sometimes in obscure places..great find..congrats!!!

(03-15-2024, 02:36 PM)mistral38 Wrote: actually pretty crisp for a card that was from a box set 30 plus years ago! Nice pickup
And opened as well ... I was shocked to see it still in the box!

Very nice find. I'm still missing that one myself and I have close to 2000 different Piazza cards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I wish they had flip-flopped the photos on the front and back.

I'm not a big fan of running photos, LOL

(AKA every Trout flagship card for like 6 straight years)

cool find, that set also I believe has the jeff kent rc and tim wakefield rc of which they don't have many rcs.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(03-18-2024, 03:24 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: cool find, that set also I believe has the jeff kent rc and tim wakefield rc of which they don't have many rcs.
Indeed! As well as very early cards of Tim Salmon and Kenny Lofton.

Not related to this post, but yesterday afternoon when the Shohei news broke, I pulled his 1988 Topps throwback card from a random blister pack of 2023 Topps Series 1.

Was kind of funny listening to sports talk radio on the way home, knowing I had pulled his card almost at the extact time the news broke.