`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Off Season and Draft

RE: 2024 Off Season and Draft
(03-19-2024, 09:54 AM)jplarson Wrote: I hope Fields does awesome and proves all the haters wrong.  It's kinda funny the Steelers now have the two quarterbacks who hold onto the ball the longest in the NFL.  Per Next Gen Stats in 2023, Justin Fields held the ball the longest in the NFL at 3.23 seconds.  Second place was Russell Wilson at 3.06 seconds. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about Williams but I will not be going all in on him card collecting like I did Fields.  Fields I have over 300 unique cards (most of them rookie year).  Williams I figure I'll have a trim 9, enough to fill a card page.
Also JP, once 2024 products start rolling out ...

"BRING ME YOUR CALEBS"

Yeah, sorry about Fields dude. I have been in many similar situations going "all in" on the following Lions luminaries:

Joey Harrington
Mike Williams
Kevin Jones
Roy Williams
Charles Rogers
Charlie Batch

And so on ... and so forth ... only to have them fizzle out in a couple of years.

Looks like the DBN will be out in force for the 2024 NFL cards since there will likely be quarterbacks drafted 1, 2, and 3 and then there will be multiple wide receivers taken early as well.

Good thing that almost all of the players already have multiple years of cards - of course, the DBN probably doesn't count the countless 2022 and 2023 Caleb Williams cards as existing.

(03-19-2024, 04:44 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Also JP, once 2024 products start rolling out ...

"BRING ME YOUR CALEBS"

Yeah, sorry about Fields dude. I have been in many similar situations going "all in" on the following Lions luminaries:

Joey Harrington
Mike Williams
Kevin Jones
Roy Williams
Charles Rogers
Charlie Batch

And so on ... and so forth ... only to have them fizzle out in a couple of years.
Should also mention more recently departed Lions that I chased after, such as:

TJ Hockenson
D'Andre Swift
Jeff Okudah (though I really never chased him because I despised the pick, but I did trade for an auto of his from dogger99)

Isn't D'Andre Swift now in Chicago? You can trade them with JP for David Montgomery!

It's looking like we might be in the market for yet another corner.

Hate this kind of stuff.

Either someone was truly hurt by one of our guys, or the best case is that his reputation is ruined forever, regardless of "due process."

Not good, either way.

One week until the Draft - very little for the collectors (and nothing for the Great New Collectors other than perhaps Bowman University products which have done nothing to improve my opinion on Fanatics products quality or value for the money) to collect yet - Sage Low is out with Sage High reportedly coming out next week (believe same day as the draft) and Onyx but Onyx might have been considered a 2023 product - I think that Sage is the only one who has released an acutal 2024 product - Leaf released something but I think it was a 2023 product so they could say that the Stroud autos were "rookie year"

(03-20-2024, 03:20 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Isn't D'Andre Swift now in Chicago? You can trade them with JP for David Montgomery!
I vote the Bears and Lions do an even swap of both RBs.

Swift would often look like the best RB in the NFL for a quarter or a half and then almost always would leave the game with a nagging injury.

I'm happy with the guys we currently have, LOL

Speaking of, was in Target the other day and they had exactly one pack of sports cards, a single 2023 Prizm pack, four cards.

Obviously I couldn't leave it there.

One base RC, Jake Haener, at least it was a QB

Three base - Daniel Jones, Bradley Chubb ... and a first year Lions base card of Montgomery that I didn't have.

Was pretty happy with it, anyone else probably would have trashed it.

2024 Leaf Metal Football is out today - although it has relatively few draft picks in it - so apparently Leaf is joining Sage in the "companies that care enough to get products out before the 2024 NFL Draft"

I did an informal review of 3-4 mock drafts, and of the consensus top 20-25 picks or so, I think I have at least one card of almost all of them at this point.

It's a double edged sword - I would be running all over trying to find 2024 draft products if all of the cards were of new players, but I mean, I've been accumulating Spencer Rattler cards for about 3 years now LOL