Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets pay more get less from Topps
Wink 
Lets pay more get less from Topps
I just read the contents of this year's blaster and jumbo boxes.  In the past I have purchased both blaster and jumbo boxes. But after seeing the numbers that's about to change. Last year's jumbo box 10 packs 46 cards = 460 total cards. And  before that 10 packs 50 cards = 500 cards. 2024 jumbo box 10 packs 40 cards = 400 cards. Blaster box last year 7 packs 14 cards = 98 cards. 2024 blaster box 7 packs 12 cards = 84 cards. Less cards but the same or higher prices than last year. I know some people will say just don't buy any baseball cards this year. And it seems like i do buy less and less cards every year. But what about the younger generation that can't afford to buy a pack or box of baseball cards. They may never experience the joy of collecting baseball cards until they are a lot older. When they are working and can afford the cost of cards.....Sorry for the rant....Have a good day......
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

RE: Lets pay more get less from Topps
What is funny is that all of these boxes have "Ages 9+". What 9-year old can afford todays packs, other than the bottom tier products (maybe).? When I was 9 years old, I was paying $0.10/pack lol.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Let's be honest 9 yr olds unless they have a full time job shouldn't be able to buy a $300+ box of cards. That is why there are entry level sets like Flagship and Big League. These kids running around shows with pelican cases of $1,000 + graded cards are getting that kind of money from mommy and daddy or they are doing some not so legal stuff. They sure aren't out cutting grass or delivering newspapers to get it.

I remember when blasters were 101 cards.
Super collector of Matt Harvey

The first set I ever collected was 1988 Topps ... got three packs at a batting cage and was mesmerized by thr Alan Trammell base card.

They sold boxes of this stuff at the Price Club (basically Sam's/Costco) for $9.99 for 36 packs.

Of 15 cards each.

I spent hours upon hours sorting them into teams.

I wish the hobby was still like that.

Pay More, Get Less is the Card Company Motto

Edit: not just card companies, many businesses pull the same trick of raising prices while decreasing package size

I got a "McDouble" from the drive thru at McDonald's the other day and was astonished at how small they had gotten.

But no worries, they cost twice as much as they used to!

(03-03-2024, 04:19 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Let's be honest 9 yr olds unless they have a full time job shouldn't be able to buy a $300+ box of cards. That is why there are entry level sets like Flagship and Big League. These kids running around shows with pelican cases of $1,000 + graded cards are getting that kind of money from mommy and daddy or they are doing some not so legal stuff. They sure aren't out cutting grass or delivering newspapers to get it.
 What's a newspaper? Most 9 year olds have never seen one

Try this one...tell your kids..25-30 years kids.."I am going to put on a record"..they will think you lost your mind..what is a LP record??