`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023-24 Panini: No Scoot Autos Either?!

2023-24 Panini: No Scoot Autos Either?!
I'm much more of a football and baseball guy but was aware that Wemby wouldn't have autos in Panini products because he signed an exclusive deal with Fanatics/Topps. I'm a Portland Trail Blazers fan and was searching for Scoot Henderson autos on eBay to find out that no Panini ones seem to exist. In fact, there are actually some Donruss "pseudo-auto" Rated Rookies that have a "NO AUTOGRAPH" sticker in place of where the signature is supposed to be. What a clown show Panini has become. So now they're expecting $900 a box for Prizm where Brandon Miller, the Thompson twins and Jaime Jaquez are the top rookie autos?! And I thought the Stroud/Young fiasco for football products was bad enough!

RE: 2023-24 Panini: No Scoot Autos Either?!
Just shows again why monopolies are bad for anything, anywhere, but especially cards.

Almost an entire career's worth of LeBron cards have no autos either unless you want him in street clothes or his high shool uniform from 20 years ago.

This has nothing to do with Panini and everything to do with anticompetitive actions by Fanatics

But in general collectors are the only ones who lose out when card companies sign exclusives.

LeBron had Upper Deck autos in his Cavaliers uniform up until Upper Deck lost its NBA license, so no autos of him in his Heat or Lakers unforms.

Only high school and street clothes autos for the last 15 years or so.

Stroud and Wembanyama are in the same boat this year.

Lame.

At least Upper Deck has been making Lebron cards (I got a Lebron game worn jersey card out of Goodwin Champions)

Fanatics is signing players to exclusive deals and effectively keeping them from signing any cards at all - they've only released a couple of Stroud autograph cards but that is it (also those cards have worse designs and are just as airbrushed as the Sage/Onyx/Leaf/Wild Card predraft stuff) - and those cards haven't been pack inserted, they've been sold direct at elevated prices (I understand they sell them at Dutch Auction to maximize the amount of money they bring in).

The exclusives of today are much worse than the exclusives of the past

Some of the Stroud autos in Wild Card with the Texans uniform look pretty good, even without logos.

Finally pulled an auto out of Donruss basketball after several megas, blasters and fat packs ...

Jabari Walker.