`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 topps base opinion

RE: 2024 topps base opinion
(02-01-2024, 01:30 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: Upper Deck needs to be making licensed baseball cards again. 

That would refresh the hobby!
Yep! Check out my “back to the future” post in the football forum to see some actual Upper Deck pulls, including a Tigers baseball auto.

I picked up a couple of blaster boxes at Walmart this week.

Nice cards.

I am not finding the Holiday Parallel (1:2 packs) in the Beckett database, though.  

Most base cards are priced already (which amazes me).  Listening to the general tone of forum posts recently, I wouldn't have expected pricing for another couple of years...

Don't love it but don't hate it it's just mehhhh 

Everyone is all hyped but that's always the case with Series 1. Last year there was so much hype and then the majority of the Rc class crapped the bed. Be interesting to see if the love for the design carries through Ser 2 and Update or if people get bored with it and just want the hits.

Personal note grabbed 2 hangers from Walmart $13.99 and hit 2 cracked yellow /50 so can't complain. 2 Elly Stars Of MLB also. Also grabbed 2 Blasters but nothing of note hit a gold Mets team card and 2 purple ice /799 but both no names. Only big Rc base I pulled was a Dominguez. May grab some more hangers for the Yellow parallels if they have any left next time I am there. But that will be my extent for Series 1 and will just grab a complete set when they come out.

Late to the party - but I love it!!! only going to buy a complete set though as I now concentrate / collect singles and forgo wasting money and time on cards I don't deep down care about. Enjoy!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I have a feeling the Chrome cards will look nice, especially the color parallels.

Folks over on the BO Forums and Youtube seem to already be bored with the product. Went from these are cool and a landmark design that will be remembered for centuries to these boxes suck and all the good color parallels are names nobody wants. Topps intentionally screwed with the Collation to force people to buy more product blah blah blah.

Now that the Soto (Yankees) and Ohtani (Dodgers) SSP's have been hit and it was discovered they are mixed in with the base and not in the hit section flipped over backwards the war parties are forming. God forbid you have to sort through base cards to find a treat. But then again most have probably already tossed the base in the trash and will now be driving to the local dump to try and find them ala Allen & Ginter a few years back when the rip cards were hidden in the box lids. lol

I think it looks pretty nice in hand. I wasn't the biggest fan of it when they did the promo pics, but the foil added to the team and player name, and just the fact that they tried to get a little adventurous with the design, I can get behind.

I do think it's going to look really slick on Topps Chrome as I think it's really going to pop. Base refractors are going to essentially light up the card.

I don't mind it truthfully, I give them credit for trying to think outside the box for once.
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

(02-20-2024, 12:35 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Folks over on the BO Forums and Youtube seem to already be bored with the product. Went from these are cool and a landmark design that will be remembered for centuries to these boxes suck and all the good color parallels are names nobody wants. Topps intentionally screwed with the Collation to force people to buy more product blah blah blah.

Now that the Soto (Yankees) and Ohtani (Dodgers) SSP's have been hit and it was discovered they are mixed in with the base and not in the hit section flipped over backwards the war parties are forming. God forbid you have to sort through base cards to find a treat. But then again most have probably already tossed the base in the trash and will now be driving to the local dump to try and find them ala Allen & Ginter a few years back when the rip cards were hidden in the box lids. lol
Which is funny because if I pulled a Soto or Ohtani in their new informs I would top load them anyway, SP or not.

The whole "throw away the base cards" thing to me is sad.

Soooooo many other things you can do with them that aren't difficult and would benefit someone else.

I bought a blaster box this week. Nothing exciting in the box. I don't think i'm going to buy any more. I'm just going to buy the boxed set in August when it comes out. Looking at the cards, I think I like the back of the cards more than the front. Bright white background, large easy to read numbers, and not a lot of useless information. Just my opinion.
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

I opened some Hobby boxes and the collating was weird. I got 2 of the same rookie card side by side in a few cases and about 4 or 5 packs with no inserts on all the boxes i bought. I had 4 boxes and not 1 Signature card, all Material cards including Trouts. Topps is really bad at collating their stuff.