Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right Teams, Wrong Players - 2023 Prizm Mega - OK

Right Teams, Wrong Players - 2023 Prizm Mega - OK
Banger bros,

Do you ever think the card companies troll us by inserting the "wrong" cards of players from the "right" teams?

Case in point - for cashing in on last year's Topp Chrome MVP promotion, I ordered a blaster of 2020-21 Optic Basketball hoping for Rated Rookie cards of Charlotte's LaMelo Ball or Minnesota's Anthony Edwards.

Oh, I got Hornets and Timberwolves Rated Rookies all right - of two dudes who I'm pretty sure are no longer in the NBA.

Hilarious, Panini.

Fast forward to today - Last Mega Rule in effect for 2023 Prizm Football.

(Yes, I actually found one.)

Got a green disco prizm and base rookie card of Indianapolis Colts ... WR Josh Downs.

Got a base card of Carolina Panthers QB ... Andy Dalton.

Got a green disco prizm of Houston Texans QB ... Davis Mills.

Got a base rookie card of Houston Texans ... DE Will Anderson (not bad actually).

The one saving grace of the box was a Puka Nacua base RC, my first Rams card of him that I pulled myself.

My mem card was Michael Mayer of the Raiders, who I still sort of PC.

Anyway, it was a fun rip, if you hit the right players it's actually decent value for once.

Puka was the only good RC that I hadn't pulled yet in any NFL product, so I think I'm done with football now until Chronicles comes out.

RE: Right Teams, Wrong Players - 2023 Prizm Mega - OK
Downs had 771 receiving yards as a rookie, not bad at all.

The Davis Mills and Andy Dalton cards are pretty funny though - why is Panini making cards of back up quarterbacks? Make defensive players, kickers, or punters if you want to expand the set to make more - at least something new of players who don't have lots of other cards for team collectors

RE: Right Teams, Wrong Players - 2023 Prizm Mega - OK
I don't mind the backups as much as I've found myself really starting to dislike recycled retired player cards.

Case in point - in this box I pulled a Drew Bledsoe base card and a Ricky Williams silver prizm.

I like both players and collected their rookie cards at one point, but when you only get 42 cards out of a 300-card set in a box, it is disappointing.

The Lions, for example, have two players in the set (Josh Reynolds and Kalif Raymond) that are solid role players and have never had Lions cards before despite being on the team multiple years.

I would much rather have a base or silver of those guys than Bledsoe or Williams.

Anyway, like I said, the Puka saved the break and I could have done worse than the Mayer, but it wasn't good enough to keep fighting the DBN for them.