`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to create duplicate collections that do not show up in other collections

How to create duplicate collections that do not show up in other collections
How to create duplicate collections that do not show up in other collections of same year/manf.

I've got two reasons for trying to do this and cannot figure it out.

Any new collection creation, "Add to", "Move to", will not separate collections within the same series such as 1991 Topps or 1992 Leaf, which will be my second example.

First is that I have six uncut sheets of 132 cards each of Topps 1991.
I want to have a collection for each. To start, 1991 Topps Sheet 1 and only have the 132 cards on that sheet show up.
Then repeat for Sheets 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
When I add new cards from Topps 1991 to a collection or folder, regardless of what I name it, they all show up in all the other collections effectively eliminating any possibility of separating "sets" or in this case, sheets from one another.

Second is that I have two complete sets of 1992 Leaf. In the collection is shows two cards for each which is correct.
Now I have another 1k or so cards that are not a set and random quantities from 0-12.
What I want to do is keep the 1992 Leaf with two of each card it's own collection called 1992 Leaf Sets. 
THEN, create a separate collection called, lets say "1992 Leaf Spares", and have those quantities separate from the "Sets" collection.
Any attempt to add another collection regardless of name populates the totals to 2 from the original "Sets" collection. Any change in the "Spares" collection changes the quantities in the Sets collection. This makes no sense to me as to why you want to have two collections with the exact same cards duplicated but different collection names since they are and will always be identical.
Organize cannot separate them.

The "Duplicate" function might work but you have to duplicate each card ONE AT A TIME. This set is small, only 528 cards, some sets I have are 800-1000. No way do I want to click each and every card one at a time, wait for it to duplicate, then rinse and repeat 527 more times.
THEN, go in and update those quantities.
I tried selecting "select" and then select all, but duplicate only works on the first card and will not duplicate multiple cards.

Has to be an easier way or no thought was given to keeping collections such as "Sets" and "Spares" separate or the ability to duplicate more than one card at a time.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: How to create duplicate collections that do not show up in other collections
The duplicate function in Organize only works one at a time.  A duplicate does sound like what you want.  I have used it when I have item duplicates, but they are not in the same condition.  I use it for other reasons similar to yours.  The process is a pain.  In addition to the one-at-a-time limitation, none of the item fields are set (zero Have quantity, blank collection, etc.).  It also sets the condition to Mint, which is an odd condition to default to.

This may be an unorthodox suggestion (I have not tried it, but I would be willing to):

Traded for cards are added to your Organize and placed into your Recently Traded collection.  A duplicate is created if you already have the card you traded for.  If you could convince another user to add the set of cards you want to be duplicated to their Organize, then construct a transactional-only trade (all the cards you want added to your Organize for a single common card that will be added to theirs), I think it would accomplish what you want with little cleanup once the trade is completed.