`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit every top RC in this box of Donruss

Hit every top RC in this box of Donruss
Picked up the factory set at Target for $49.99.  So I am done with Donruss.  First time I have seen Donruss in any form at my Target.  And it isn't like there are empty spots where blasters or megas could have been.  My Target only has 1 shelf (top to bottom) for sports cards.  And most of the hanger spots are taken up by sports non-card items.  Even at the two WalMarts I hit, I have only seen value packs.  Again, no empty space where boxes could have been.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Hit every top RC in this box of Donruss
I know what you mean by Target and WalMart not having good selection of cards. I guess I am going to break down and buy a Hobby Box of cards, thing is, of what release? I need to stay in the lower end of pricing. Hey, fixed income, limited money.
The bad thing that is happening is all the Pokémon, Magic and others, are taking over all of the shelf space. All of the sports are at most of the Walmarts I go to, but none of them carry NASCAR. Once in a while they get some in, but not very often.
I collect football, starting with 2023 Donruss - Prestige - Chronicles - Contenders - 2022 Score.

We have what I like to call the “hockey card section” at my local Target.

(01-07-2024, 04:01 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: We have what I like to call the “hockey card section” at my local Target.
The only value packs hanging were some O-Pee-Chee Hockey.  The rest of the hangers were filled with stuff like Teeny Mates and related junk.  I watch Skybcards on the Tube and wish I had a Target like he has.  Of the two Walmarts, one is similar to the Target.  The other is pretty decent with 3 sections of shelves and full (but no Donruss).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I think I’m just going to start ordering online.

The one good Walmart about 20 minutes away had all of its stuff locked up, but once the person let me in I used to be able to buy 3-4 blasters.

I went in the other day to buy the last 3 basketball mixers and they said it was now a limit of two.

Thanks, DBN.

When the DBN Covid boom was at it's heights, I went into a Target here and found cards - they had a limit of two, so one Donruss Complete Set and one Blaster were my choices.

Now, the Targets here are much better equipped - the Target I go to most often has football, baseball, hockey, basketball, and hockey cards available - but not necessarily the products you want. Most everything sticks around for a while unless its the rare desirable retail products

The Wal-Marts here tend to be really bad.

Best retail store I've ever seen was a Target in the northern part of the state - I was there when the young woman who stocked the shelves was there and she asked me if I was looking for anything in particular - I saw that Rookies and Stars megas were out so I got a couple of them - then she said "there's more stuff in an aisle in the toy section and be sure to check that out" - and this was already the best card section I've seen in a retail store - and then the other aisle had more stuff - almost all products that weren't out in the main section by the registers.

Was amazing. It also was 2019. Back when the card lady didn't have to be surrounded by security to keep the DBN from attacking.

Legendary card stocker

(01-08-2024, 01:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Legendary card stocker
Oddly, I stopped by Target at lunch time today (figured might as well see what was there since I went to a business that was right next to it) - the card lady was there but given that it is no longer 2019 and the DBN has ruined everything, I didn't stop to see if there was anything new

(01-08-2024, 02:10 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Oddly, I stopped by Target at lunch time today (figured might as well see what was there since I went to a business that was right next to it) - the card lady was there but given that it is no longer 2019 and the DBN has ruined everything, I didn't stop to see if there was anything new
Checked today and there were Donruss packs and full sets - but no blasters or Megas.  Also a huge amount of Prestige megas because they are absolutely printing that set to the moon

I grabbed a Texans team set on a blister pack with Stroud on the front. I'm good with that though if I found a mega box I'd probably scoop one up.