`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disappearing collection(s)

RE: disappearing collection(s)
There has been a rash of this same complaint recently.  They have all been users with private collections only.

I am afraid Beckett developers and tech support do not read these forums.  This IS still a good place to get help, but we forum readers will be limited if you describe an issue you are having with a private collection.

Make one of these trouble-collections public.  We may be better able to help.  Who knows, maybe the issue is related to the "private" setting and it will go away once you make it public.

Making a collection "public", by the way, is not the same as making the contents available for trade.  It allows other users to see the collection.  That's all.

(01-01-2024, 07:52 PM)jmhorn Wrote: There has been a rash of this same complaint recently.  They have all been users with private collections only.

I am afraid Beckett developers and tech support do not read these forums.  This IS still a good place to get help, but we forum readers will be limited if you describe an issue you are having with a private collection.

Make one of these trouble-collections public.  We may be better able to help.  Who knows, maybe the issue is related to the "private" setting and it will go away once you make it public.

Making a collection "public", by the way, is not the same as making the contents available for trade.  It allows other users to see the collection.  That's all.
My collections are all set to public

donvic

I now see lots of cards
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

kmargetta

I can't check yours as:

kmargetta has no public collections or registries to view.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(01-02-2024, 08:18 AM)floydtown Wrote: donvic

I now see lots of cards
Interesting. Alli had to do was moan about it and cards show up after missing for a week.

So with 182 collections in so far, I tried to click on the CD looking disk next to the collection(s) and nothing happens. Says on the bottom "waiting on beckett.com", then that disappears shortly and collection isn't made public.

If I go to Manage Collections, I can only select one collection at a time, then make public, one at a time with multiple clicks per collection to complete this action for 182 collections...
One collection at a time. No way to select multiple collections.

When I search and find the collection, click on one of the cards, and then add the cards (say a 7932 set) to my collections, no option to make public.
If I create the collection first, then search and find the cards, then add, this adds a few extra steps to get the cards into my collection. Seems like no easy way to make them public.
182 collections in is kind of late to find out how to make public as I assumed the "make public" cd disk looking icon worked but apparently not.

Help should have some info on this but there is nothing on making your collection(s) public.

My files appear to be back to normal today. I emailed Beckett last week and their reply this am (Tues) was "let us know if you are still having this issue". Looked to be a cookie cutter/auto reply response, sad. Nothing on what to try or a possible reasons/causes.

I'll check on this and suggest a select all button. 182 collections wow
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(01-03-2024, 07:38 AM)floydtown Wrote: I'll check on this and suggest a select all button. 182 collections wow
My "make public/private" buttons are not working either.

I sent it in
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(01-03-2024, 07:38 AM)floydtown Wrote: I'll check on this and suggest a select all button. 182 collections wow
Probably not as impressive as it sounds.

So I set them up as a Folder for say
FLEER BASEBALL

Then since you can't branch out any further than one branch, that folder than has these individual series (collections) which are not part of the main collection of 1993 Fleer Ultra. In this case, the main Ultra cards plus the five separate collections within that year.

1993 Ultra
1993 Ultra All Star
1993 Ultra Award
1993 Ultra Eckersley
1993 Ultra HomeRun Kings
1993 Ultra StrikeOut Kings
etc...

And that also goes for Misc, Bowman Donruss, Leaf, Pinnacle, Score, TSC, Topps, UpperDeck.

If there is a better way to do this, I'm all ears. With the limited ability to not be able to branch beyond one branch, it really ties my hands.

Thanks for sending that in on the "Public" issue.