`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incomplete set question(s)

Incomplete set question(s)
Lets say I have a partial set of 1995 Fleer Emotion cards.

Some cards I have 0
Some cards I have 1
Some cards I have 3
some cards I have 5
Some cards I have 10

When I find them in the OPG, I can select them one by one or all of them. 
Q1 - Is there a way to select cards 5 through 33 without clicking on each individual card in the OPG?
I tried holding SHIFT, COMMAND, and CONTROL while selecting but nothing worked.

The OPG sorts the cards in number order, not in organize though...

----------------

Once I add them to my collection the card numbers are randomized.
This is where I update the card quantity as noted, BUT the card numbers for this set of 200 are not in order from 1-200.
All my sets are this way and If I click on "DESCRIPTION", it just inverts the random card numbers.
Q2 - How do I get a set in my collection to be in order from card 1-200.

They all start with the same name in "DESCRIPTION" ,  "1995 Emotion #"
The next logical sort would be what is after the "#" in that example but it doesn't sort that way.
This is where the TAB function is helpful to me in adding different number of cards per card number as noted above BUT NOT if they are not in sequential order. Some sets I have have 700+ cards. Searching for one card at a time would take days...

I have changed the "layout" options and get the same random order. So it's not random, it just never puts them in the same order as the OPG.

I am at the point now what I will be entering thousands of cards in this fashion so I hope this basic feature does exist somewhere, and Im just not seeing it.

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: Incomplete set question(s)
(12-25-2023, 12:20 PM)kmargetta Wrote: Lets say I have a partial set of 1995 Fleer Emotion cards.

Some cards I have 0
Some cards I have 1
Some cards I have 3
some cards I have 5
Some cards I have 10

When I find them in the OPG, I can select them one by one or all of them. 
Q1 - Is there a way to select cards 5 through 33 without clicking on each individual card in the OPG?
I tried holding SHIFT, COMMAND, and CONTROL while selecting but nothing worked.

The OPG sorts the cards in number order, not in organize though...

----------------

Once I add them to my collection the card numbers are randomized.
This is where I update the card quantity as noted, BUT the card numbers for this set of 200 are not in order from 1-200.
All my sets are this way and If I click on "DESCRIPTION", it just inverts the random card numbers.
Q2 - How do I get a set in my collection to be in order from card 1-200.

They all start with the same name in "DESCRIPTION" ,  "1995 Emotion #"
The next logical sort would be what is after the "#" in that example but it doesn't sort that way.
This is where the TAB function is helpful to me in adding different number of cards per card number as noted above BUT NOT if they are not in sequential order. Some sets I have have 700+ cards. Searching for one card at a time would take days...

I have changed the "layout" options and get the same random order. So it's not random, it just never puts them in the same order as the OPG.

I am at the point now what I will be entering thousands of cards in this fashion so I hope this basic feature does exist somewhere, and Im just not seeing it.

Thanks,
Kevin
1995 Fleer Emotion...

Search OPG for that set.  Use the left pane filter to narrow the results to the base set only. Click the select all box.  Un-select the individual cards you have zero of.  Add all the remaining selected cards to your Organize with a quantity of 1.  Search for 1995 Fleer Emotion in your Organize. Update all Have quantities that are greater than 1.  

As to your randomized description search results, something is wrong. What you are describing sounds like a sort of some other field than "description."  That sort has always worked for me.