`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add cards to a "folder"

How to add cards to a "folder"
I created folders under my collection but the move button does not allow moving cards to the (sub) folders.
If I search and find a card and add to collection, no option to add to the sub folders, only the main collection or a couple of other options of which none are the sub folders.

What is the purpose to the sub folders if nothing can be added or moved to them?

What am I missing?

Not the most straight forward system but I'm trying it for 30 days and some simple things like this make me wonder.

Card Collector worked great back in the day, but sometime after 2006 they went out of business. 

Thanks
Kevin

RE: How to add cards to a "folder"
Folders are for use inside "Collections" You can only add collections to folders and not by the add to organize button- you drag and drop collections into a folder.
ex Folder "Football" with multiple collections inside it such as autos-rookies-jerseys-etc
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Also check out Manage collections to make them public or private and other things. At the top of this forum are also other help topics if needed. Hope that helped
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

What if I wanted to must move say 17 cards out of 50 from one collection to a sub folder?

I can't find a way to select individual cards and move to a sub folder. I can move to a collection folder but not a sub folder.

the only way I can see is to create a new collection, move those 17 cards, then move that collection to a sub but still doesn't solve moving the cards to a different sub folder. At this rate, I will have a ton of sub folders.

When I find a card or cards to add to the collection, I can only add to the main collections, not the subs. This will create a new collection every time I add cards then drag and drop to a new sub folder..

Thanks, hope there is a way to do this.

Think of folders as categories.  You can organize your collections into folders (or categories).  Collections are where cards go.  You don't put cards in folders, you put collections in folders.

Collections can also be descriptors, or tags.  Cards can belong to more than one collection.

Example:
Create folder = Baseball
Create collection = 2023 Bowman
Manage collection and file 2023 Bowman in folder Baseball
Add all your 2023 Bowman baseball cards to collection 2023 Bowman

That is Beckett Organize basics. You can do a lot more, depending on how you collect and/or organize your cards.  

To attempt to follow your example...
You have 50 cards in your 2023 Bowman baseball card collection. 17 of the 50 are prospects and 33 are stars.  You can create collection Prospects and add those 17 cards to that collection (add, not move).  Those 17 cards will belong to two collections that will appear as tags.  

In Organize, you will be able to view your 2023 Bowman collection along with header stats for the 50 cards.  You can also view your Prospects collection with header stats for the 17 cards only.

If that doesn't help, describe what you are trying to do in more detail.  I am confident you can do it in Beckett Organize.

That is helpful, thanks. Seems like the "collection" is a sub of a "folder". Opposite of what I would think the progression would be. It will take some getting used to for sure but workable.

Thanks,