`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HUGE Update - Finally Completed Vince Carter PC Project!

RE: HUGE Update - Finally Completed Vince Carter PC Project!
Update - the seller of the first one was reimbursed by DBay after it looked like the card was lost in the mail, so he told me to keep it.

Now I have two, LOL

Now if only a Jaden Ivey rookie jersey card that said it was "delivered" on December 20 would actually make its way to me, I'd be all set.

("Putting it out in the universe" helped with Vince, so I'm hoping it helps here, LOL)

Great news ... the Jaden Ivey jersey card showed up today ... 28 days later.

Putting it out into the universe works!

Great news. It sounds like you need to buy some more stuff now.

LOL

So one of my multitudes of PCs is "family ties" ... i.e. the Griffeys, Mannings, etc.

I recently picked up a Fleer Ultra RC of Niele Ivey, Jaden's mom who played in the WNBA and is the current coach at Notre Dame, and am currently waiting on a Rookies & Stars RC of Javin Hunter, a Ravens WR in the early 2000s who is his dad.

(Already had a couple of Lions cards of his grandfather, James Hunter, an excellent DB in the late 1970s/early 80s)

Anyway, so thankful to get the Ivey jersey card today, I was dreading a very awkward eBay claim in which I asked for a refund on a card that was allegedly delivered two weeks ago.

Other than that, just waiting on Topps Now cards of Shohei in his Dodgers uni as well as the Giants' big signing, Jung Hoo Lee.

All three cards are still the "I'm not panicking" phase of delivery time, LOL

I like the family ties idea and had no clue about Jaden's family. Good luck with your incoming cards.

(01-04-2024, 01:23 PM)akaus Wrote: I like the family ties idea and had no clue about Jaden's family. Good luck with your incoming cards.
Thanks man ... the family PC really is fun because you can come up with oddball/not obvious stuff like Rey and Dominik Mysterio (wrestling), uncles and nephews like Doc Gooden and Gary Sheffield, etc.

One of my personal favorites is the Heal family in basketball ... Shane Heal played for the Timberwolves in the 90s. A couple years back I bought a WNBA blaster and got a Shyla Heal RC ... her last name was familiar so I looked it up, then went back through my old commons and found her dad.

It's like my Tampa Bay Creamsicle Buccaneers PC ... probably not very valuable but fun to chase.

I'm currently waiting for Brenden Rice, Jerry's son, to have some lower end NIL stuff with USC - that would be a double PC card, LOL

It's amazing how many players I watched growing up have kids that are playing in college or pros now. It's strange how I have already thought about a Marvin Harrison and Marvin Harrison dual auto that will probably be coming out in the next year or two. It has to be tough to be the son of a legend though. Sometimes the kids are better than the dads.

Facts

Bronny James is a perfect example of that - very big shoes to fill.

Bronny is also a double PC card for me, being a Trojan and what not

Yeah I just hope Bronny stays healthy now. If he can stay healthy, he should be a decent player. No, he will not be as good as his dad.

There's only so many "all-time NBA scoring leaders" to go around per family ...