`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search function in organizer stopped working

Search function in organizer stopped working
I haven't been able to use the search function in the organizer for a week or so now, is anybody aware/looking at it?  I routinely use this function to find cards with Have=0, but now when I try to do so, it just returns the entire set.  I've tried in both Firefox and Chrome, same thing.

BTW - there used to be a real button for this, to the left of the Choose Columns button on the set header, but it disappeared many years ago, now you have to hover over the left edge of the header bar - it's basically only 1 pixel wide so if you don't know it's there you'd be challenged to find it.  I think that Beckett "hid" this since some of the complex searches don't work well (if at all) and intended to bring it back when all was fixed, but that never happened.  This is a seriously useful tool and I hope Beckett can get it working again, at least as well as it has been for the last couple of years.  Thanks!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: Search function in organizer stopped working
My Organize search appears to be working fine.

Curious...Did you know the  "Have" column can be sorted (ascending or descending) same as the "Beckett High" column by clicking on the column header field?

How [else] were you searching for Have = 0?

Let's be sure we're looking at the same thing. On the organizer page, there's a search bar that lets you select either "This Collection" or "All Collections", enter a value to search for and hit a magnifying glass button to do the search. This is not what I'm asking about, this works fine (except that if you do a search and switch to another collection, it keeps that search criteria, which I find annoying).

Two bars down is a bar that provides page navigation, a drop-down to change number of rows shown per page, as well as a "Choose Columns" button and a double circular arrows button that shows "Reload Grid" if you hover over it. If you move your mouse slowly to the left of the Reload Grid button, you may see a darkened vertical bar, one pixel wide, labeled "Find Records". It's easy to skip right over it, so it may take a couple of tries to see it. This is what I'm asking about.

I probably shouldn't have referred to it as a search function in the title of this post, I can see where that's confusing; if you click on the Find Records bar, it pops up a small window that's something of a query builder, that seems to permit construction of simple and complex queries by specifying one or more conditions - pick a column (like "Have"), pick an operator ("equal") and provide a value (0). I say seems, because complex queries don't work right (though I admit I haven't tried one in years). The big difference between this and other things you can do is that this is really more of a filter than a search, if you only have 5 records in your collection that meet your criteria, it only shows you those 5.

I do know that you can sort columns by clicking on the column heading label. Not sure why this doesn't work for the Conditional Value column, I can see where I might want to show the most valuable cards at the top of the page, but you can't now. And again, this is a true sort function (and a one-variable sort at that) and I'm more interested in filtering to show fewer records.

They turned this off years ago-if I remember correctly it was slowing things down
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(10-16-2023, 12:35 AM)mswatson Wrote: Let's be sure we're looking at the same thing.  On the organizer page, there's a search bar that lets you select either "This Collection" or "All Collections", enter a value to search for and hit a magnifying glass button to do the search.  This is not what I'm asking about, this works fine (except that if you do a search and switch to another collection, it keeps that search criteria, which I find annoying).

Two bars down is a bar that provides page navigation, a drop-down to change number of rows shown per page, as well as a "Choose Columns" button and a double circular arrows button that shows "Reload Grid" if you hover over it.  If you move your mouse slowly to the left of the Reload Grid button, you may see a darkened vertical bar, one pixel wide, labeled "Find Records".  It's easy to skip right over it, so it may take a couple of tries to see it. This is what I'm asking about. 

I probably shouldn't have referred to it as a search function in the title of this post, I can see where that's confusing;  if you click on the Find Records bar, it pops up a small window that's something of a query builder, that seems to permit construction of simple and complex queries by specifying one or more conditions - pick a column (like "Have"), pick an operator ("equal") and provide a value (0).  I say seems, because complex queries don't work right (though I admit I haven't tried one in years).  The big difference between this and other things you can do is that this is really more of a filter than a search, if you only have 5 records in your collection that meet your criteria, it only shows you those 5.

I do know that you can sort columns by clicking on the column heading label.  Not sure why this doesn't work for the Conditional Value column, I can see where I might want to show the most valuable cards at the top of the page, but you can't now.  And again, this is a true sort function (and a one-variable sort at that) and I'm more interested in filtering to show fewer records.
I did not know about that "hidden" feature.  I found it, but it doesn't work for me either.  I seem to remember an advanced search button we had years ago.  I guess that's where it ended up (that single-pixel column to the left of refresh grid).

Can it be resurrected? or some other filtering capability provided???

And I thought they figured out that it was people not emptying their trash that was slowing things down, which is why we get that thank you message when we empty trash.

I'm checking in to it
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

One other minor annoyance that's somewhat related.... That Refresh Grid button sometimes (always?) doesn't really work. Use the Search bar to search a collection for some criteria that returns a small number of records from the current collection - maybe pick a player and search for them. You should see all the results on one page. Hit the Refresh Grid button, and the first page of the full collection is displayed, as you'd expect. If you then try to navigate to page 2, 3, etc, it apparently remembers the search criteria because it shows an empty page, and you have to type "1" in the page navigation bar to escape this.

Again, this is only a minor thing, but if somebody's going to fix problems in the code, they may as well be aware of it.

Thanks for checking on the other issue!

Anything??

i have been unable to "move" or "add" cards between folders in my organize. the drop down menu is blank when i try. any ideas when this will be fixed?