`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From The 'You Had One Job' Department -2 of 1 ... LOL

From The 'You Had One Job' Department -2 of 1 ... LOL
Apparently Topps is now making dupes of 1/1 superfractors.

https://www.beckett.com/news/twoperfract...-baseball/

I'd hate to be the guy that screwed that up ...

Manager: "Son, I need you to be able to count to 1 when this card comes off the press ... can you do that?"

Employee (looking at phone, half listening): "Yeah bro, I got you ..."

I would expect this sort of thing from Panini, but whatever.

RE: From The 'You Had One Job' Department -2 of 1 ... LOL
This is what happens when schools stop teaching math and instead worry about what kids wear.

It would be nice to pull one of these and know you have some money waiting for you. Good for Topps for owning their mistake. It's pretty bad that it happened though.

(10-02-2023, 12:15 PM)akaus Wrote: It would be nice to pull one of these and know you have some money waiting for you. Good for Topps for owning their mistake. It's pretty bad that it happened though.
What do they get for sending them in as a buyback?

Looks like you get $$$..or maybe you could negotiate??

(10-02-2023, 12:45 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Looks like you get $$$..or maybe you could negotiate??
I mean, it's supposed to be a 1 of 1, I would gladly settle for, say, 10 cases.

LOL...this was a BS "error". Scarcity is manufactured in the hobby - now Errors/mistakes are being manufactured. Funny that Fanatics only response was to come up with the "bounty" for redemption of 1 of the one of one's (money based on a rating of the players - Range $3K to $753K - total pot will be around $700K for the 95 cards).

Oh wait - Fanatics had RIP parties at local card shops / breaks on Friday, the day the mis-step was identified and Fanatics responded. BRAVO Fanatics for a great marketing promotion. Sell product that basically nobody cares for at this point (how many Bowman products do we want/need for prospects), and give the gamblers what they need to cure their fix.

Totally a marketing ploy to see if the suckers bye it. Think about the MVP buy-backs error last year - wahlah - hobby (gamblers) loved it, card shops expanded business, and last years "error" is now this years chase.

Anyone that says Fanatics doesn't know what they are doing is nieve.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-02-2023, 06:45 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: LOL...this was a BS "error".  Scarcity is manufactured in the hobby - now Errors/mistakes are being manufactured.  Funny that Fanatics only response was to come up with the "bounty" for redemption of 1 of the one of one's (money based on a rating of the players - Range $3K to $753K - total pot will be around $700K for the 95 cards).

Oh wait - Fanatics had RIP parties at local card shops / breaks on Friday, the day the mis-step was identified and Fanatics responded.  BRAVO Fanatics for a great marketing promotion.  Sell product that basically nobody cares for at this point (how many Bowman products do we want/need for prospects), and give the gamblers what they need to cure their fix.

Totally  a marketing ploy to see if the suckers bye it. Think about the MVP buy-backs error last year - wahlah - hobby (gamblers) loved it, card shops expanded business, and last years "error" is now this years chase.

Anyone that says Fanatics doesn't know what they are doing is  nieve.
Well said my friend.

the biggest clue that this is a publicity stunt is that the bounty program is just for a limited time - Fanatics doesn't care if multiple of the 1 of 1 Superfractors wind up in circulation - they just want the short term sales boost.

Fanatics to Longtime Collectors - Drop Dead!

(10-06-2023, 09:34 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: the biggest clue that this is a publicity stunt is that the bounty program is just for a limited time - Fanatics doesn't care if multiple of the 1 of 1 Superfractors wind up in circulation - they just want the short term sales boost.

Fanatics to Longtime Collectors - Drop Dead!
I can just imagine two collectors meeting as strangers and chatting at The National a few years from now, they start comparing their best cards ...

DBN Case Breaker #1 - "Yeah, bro, back in '23 I pulled the 1 of 1 superfractor of Elly De La Cruz, it was gem fire, let's effing go man ...

DBN Case Breaker #2 - "No way, bro, I pulled the De La Cruz superfractor that year ...

And then the two DBN dudes get into a slap fight, nobody breaks it up because they're too busy recording it on their phones ...