`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else Notice This About 2023-24 MVP Hockey?

Anybody Else Notice This About 2023-24 MVP Hockey?
Friends in hockey,

I haven't paid very close attention the last few years, but I noticed something very odd about the recently released 2023-24 MVP hockey set.

A) No stats on the back, just a sentence or two about the player
B) Players not shown on their most recent teams - i.e. Patrick Kane and Jonathan Quick, still shows them with Chicago and LA, not the Rangers and Knights

Obviously this is leading me to believe that this set is printed before the end of the previous season.

Has this been going on for a while?

Pretty lame if so.

I expect it from Panini, not from Upper Deck.

I assume it's because of how late they have been rolling out their last few products, but I'd gladly wait a few more months to have a set with current rosters.

RE: Anybody Else Notice This About 2023-24 MVP Hockey?
Anybody?

Anybody know if this is common practice to print products before the end of the previous season?

Been done the last 2 years with MVP. Their lead time has got a lot longer for when it has to be to printer to get in the waiting line before printing etc. Hopefully it will get better soon.

(10-02-2023, 04:56 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Been done the last 2 years with MVP. Their lead time has got a lot longer for when it has to be to printer to get in the waiting line before printing etc. Hopefully it will get better soon.
Thank you for the info … I thought it was bizarre to pull cards of guys in their old uniforms when they had already been traded last season!