`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopefully Some New 2023-24 Products Start Rolling Out Soon

RE: Hopefully Some New 2023-24 Products Start Rolling Out Soon
Anyone find any Prizm or Bowman Chrome U yet in retail?

I have a bad feeling my local stores are backing off cards for a bit, haven't seen anything new in close to a month.

(They do this every couple of years when the DBN keeps stealing stuff)

Has anyone seen Donruss retail yet?

I saw NBA Prizm in a local Target (along with NFL Prizm) - but only because I was at the store before the DBN Foot Soldier got an entire basket full of Prizm blasters - of course, I passed up the Prizm because it tends to be brutal in retail formats

Yep, I made my one $35 mistake on a "last blaster rule" of NBA Prizm ... skipping right through to Donruss, the DBN can have all of their base veteran silver refractors and 3 non-lottery picks per box.

Prizm Football was better to me, I pulled a Stroud base RC and a Puka base RC out of two megas and a blaster.

My three mem cards were Mayer, Charbonnet and Will Anderson ... not bad, but not good enough to keep pursuing them.

Well, I've busted five megas of Donruss and pulled four Wemby RCs, so that's the good news.

Bad news is I've pulled dupes, trips and even quads of some rookies and zero of others.

Collation, Panini ... collation.

Picked up one more mega and pulled the rest of the rookies I needed for a complete set (I think).

Also pulled a Wemby "Magicians" insert as a bonus.

So in six total megas, pulled four Wemby base, one Magicians insert and one Great Xpectations insert.

Definitely done with these now.

Pro tip - the Monopoly game boxes (full game, not the blasters) come with two random regular packs but also come with a third starter pack in a regular wrapper that contains an 8-card base set.

One of the cards in the set is Wemby, and in my opinion actually has one of the best photos of any of his cards this year … he’s in the air getting ready to dunk instead of just standing there ambiguously between dribbles or whatever.

Not the worst way to spend $40, you can’t even get two blasters of most products for that these days.

Yeah... collation has been terrible so far in my experience. Had 8 Prizm blasters and got multiple triples of the some no name rookies. Total bummer. Ended up with 1 Wemby insert, at least. It was Deep Space and those actually look fairly nice.

Just bought 4 Donruss Megas, so hopefully I'll do better with those.

Oddly enough, I've been having the same issue with some 2023 Topps Series 1 baseball that I got on sale at Walmart. 6 blasters and out of 5 so far, I've got the same Acuna insert 3 times. ...the same no name rookies multiple times. Was trying for a Judge card with 62 HR stat on the back, but no luck there. Plenty of triples and quad pulls of nobodies.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

It's almost like they don't know or don't care that one person might buy more than one pack or box.

And also funny how there's always dupes of no-names but the chase cards are nowhere to be found.

Sorry man, I am right there with you.

Nice rips today - 1 jumbo pack of Hoops, a Giannis teal explosion and a Wemby base RC.

Also got four blasters of Bowman Chrome U and got some solid Isaiah Collier and Bronny James cards for my Trojans PC, as well as some nice refractors of the Kentucky guys Wagner, Shephard, Bradshaw and Evans.