`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We All Need to Come Together

We All Need to Come Together
And keep RJ from getting too excited after the Lions smackdown of the Chiefs.  We don't want him making Super Bowl reservations this early.

Just messing with you RJ.  Congrats on the big win.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: We All Need to Come Together
Dear RJ,

It was a good game, but Chris Jones and Travis Kelce did not play. The Chiefs WRs also forgot to catch the ball.

The Lions will be good this year so I'm happy for you, but I wouldn't buy Super Bowl tickets yet. Hopefully for your sake, I am wrong.

Sincerely,
AK

For me, I had no skin in the game. But what I saw was poor officiating. So many missed calls and then they call Montgomery for tripping, after getting plastered and falling backwards. The Chiefs (LT I think) literally did a high kick to prevent the defender from getting to Mahomes; yet no call for tripping??? Also, all of the false starts that weren't called was BS. Officials need to be officiated these days. I just want to see two teams play hard without the game going one way or another because of a poor call.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(09-08-2023, 01:46 PM)Speak917 Wrote: For me, I had no skin in the game.  But what I saw was poor officiating.  So many missed calls and then they call Montgomery for tripping, after getting plastered and falling backwards.  The Chiefs (LT I think) literally did a high kick to prevent the defender from getting to Mahomes; yet no call for tripping???  Also, all of the false starts that weren't called was BS.  Officials need to be officiated these days.  I just want to see two teams play hard without the game going one way or another because of a poor call.
My favorite was the pass interference penalty on Detroit.

I guess we should just go full flag football from now on.

No need for helmets or pads anymore.

(09-08-2023, 10:07 AM)akaus Wrote: Dear RJ,

It was a good game, but Chris Jones and Travis Kelce did not play. The Chiefs WRs also forgot to catch the ball.

The Lions will be good this year so I'm happy for you, but I wouldn't buy Super Bowl tickets yet. Hopefully for your sake, I am wrong.

Sincerely,
AK
LOL, thanks everyone ... I've actually been on the "slow your roll" train as far as my fellow Lions fans go for a while now.

Am I excited that it looks like the team finally has a plan and a clue?

Certainly! And last night was awesome.

But the reality is, Detroit is coming off a 9-8 season and no playoffs.

It certainly looks like they got better through the draft and free agency, but agreed, let's focus on winning "ah" playoff game or heaven forbid a division title before anyone makes Super Bowl plans.

Plus, last night was one of the very, very few games that all of the Lions' projected starting offensive linemen have played together since Sewell was drafted in 2021.

So, you know, injuries ... but yeah, a solid night all around.

I agreed with the pass interference call, as the defender prevented the WR from stopping to catch the ball. It is called the Aaron Rodgers rule...underthrow the ball so you get interference called when the receiver tries to come back to the ball.

But, yes, the lack of calls when penalties did occur was laughable.

P.S. I don't expect the Vikings to do as well as last year's record, but they will down the Lions.

(09-08-2023, 06:36 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I agreed with the pass interference call, as the defender prevented the WR from stopping to catch the ball.  It is called the Aaron Rodgers rule...underthrow the ball so you get interference called when the receiver tries to come back to the ball.

But, yes, the lack of calls when penalties did occur was laughable.

P.S.  I don't expect the Vikings to do as well as last year's record, but they will down the Lions.
Anything known as the "A-A-ron Rodgers Rule" makes me barf hugantic chunks for days

Lions end up 1-16! (As rj would put it) cause you know Lions gonna Lions! Now if the Lions do well, I'll just attribute that to QB coach Mark Brunell LOL
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(09-09-2023, 04:10 PM)jaderock Wrote: Lions end up 1-16! (As rj would put it) cause you know Lions gonna Lions! Now if the Lions do well, I'll just attribute that to QB coach Mark Brunell LOL
No way.  It will be attributed to my Aggies: Dan Campbell and Aaron Glenn.  LOL
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Win is a win, congrats dude! If the Bears are gonna do bad this year, I hope the Lions take the division Smile.