`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Autographed baseballs, Mantle

Vintage Autographed baseballs, Mantle
I’ve inherited some awesome baseballs with autographs, and wondering what is the best way to get them authenticated and appraised?  

Have the 1958 Braves, 1959 Yankees, and 1960 Reds. My grandfather used to go to games in NY and somehow have a connection to get signed balls. 

I’ve heard about “clubhouse signatures” where other guys might sign for big name players. Wondering if anyone has an eye for that type of thing, or recommends another forum. Specifically for Mickey Mantle auto I have.  I read about how he changed his auto as he got older to the “half moon M”, and the auto on my ball doesn’t seem to look like that. 

[Image: Photo-Aug-27-2023-3-06-18-PM.jpg?rlkey=8...byk50&dl=0]
[Image: post_thread_35729569_IMG_8466.jpeg]

RE: Vintage Autographed baseballs, Mantle
Just looking at online examples of autographed balls in that time frame, none of Mantle's signatures are similar to yours. I don't see the 'i' in Mickey, either.

Casey Stengel could be authentic.

PSA and CPA authentic autographs...contact them to find how much $$ and procedures.

Good luck

Good luck. I have a photograph with a " Mantle" autograph that I picked up about 10 years ago at a flee market. Not authenticated so I keep it for my own PC. Looks nothing like your signed ball, so I agree with bonds2001 - reach out to PSA / JSA or Beckett and see what process would need to be followed to get it authenticated.

I think Beckett for around $10 can give you give an opinion on to the authenticity of the auto based on picture/s you send them. Again, good luck and hope you have a great "find"
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-30-2023, 09:43 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Good luck.  I have a photograph with a  " Mantle" autograph that I picked up about 10 years ago at a flee market.  Not authenticated so I keep it for my own PC.  Looks nothing like your signed ball, so I agree with bonds2001 - reach out to PSA / JSA or Beckett and see what process would need to be followed to get it authenticated.

I think Beckett for around $10 can give you give an opinion on to the authenticity of the auto based on picture/s you send them.  Again, good luck and hope you have a great "find"
Thanks, I did the Becket $10 Signature Review and it came back “unlikely to pass authentication”.  
if I submit a ball with multiple autos, how would PSA handle it if one signature was not authentic but others are authentic.  What would the tag on the cert say?

(09-13-2023, 09:23 PM)hercules21 Wrote: Thanks, I did the Becket $10 Signature Review and it came back “unlikely to pass authentication”.  
if I submit a ball with multiple autos, how would PSA handle it if one signature was not authentic but others are authentic.  What would the tag on the cert say?
Has just been a big hobby situation with “unlikely to pass authentication” from Beckett process where the auto's were submitted to PSA and actually were authenticated.

I would touch base directly with PSA and see what they say re-multiple auto's.  I have no idea.  Good luck, wish I could be of of more help......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks. I’m discovering about facsimile stamped team balls that were sold in stadiums starting in 1950s. I’m afraid this may be one. It seems one of the key clues is that the Yogi Berra auto is Larry Berra, but he would normally sign with his nickname.