Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far would you drive for a show??

How far would you drive for a show??
Hello everyone.
            I am thinking of puting on a card show in Weatherford Ok. and I was just wondering if it's a good idea,
   I'm just not sure how far people would travel to set up or attend a card show. Any advise would be much appreciated.
       Thanks

RE: How far would you drive for a show??
Depends. I've driven 2 hours for a show, but would drive even longer if there were dealers I wouldn't encounter otherwise. Is there anything interesting about your show the people would travel for? Are there customers who have money that dealers from another region would want to reach?

Can you convince a local legend to sign autographs?

Because of where I'm located near Philadelphia Pa and local card shows / flea markets are plentiful....no more than 45 min. Also the regional huge Philly Card Show is is less than an hour.

I agree with Kerry, your show needs to have something unique - auto' signers, large vendor's ect.

I see that Okl City is about 1 hour away so I guess there is probably a show that can happen.....GO FOR IT!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

1 - 1.5 hrs unless there's a special reason to go further. I considered going to one in St. Louis - 3+ hrs away from where I live - because of autograph sessions.

Honestly, I wouldn't make a special trip that took longer than 30 minutes one way. But I'm probably in the minority on that.
Kepler

I've often been tempted to drive into SF for some of the bigger shows with auto guests as others have mentioned ... hour-plus depending on traffic.

Parking is a whole different mess.

30 - 45 minutes for a small local show, 1.5 hours for a large show with autograph guests, on site grading, and card vendors

I routinely travel 2-2.5 hours for decent shows (200 tables or so). But that about the farthest outside of something like the National.