Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Cards In Organize Help
Sad 
Adding Cards In Organize Help
Hey all. so, I'm new to using organize as a way to track my collection. I subscribe to all the sports guides. When I open a new box/pack I generally go to the price guide, search for the set I'm opening and then check each card I'm adding. The only problem is when you do that Organize doesn't take into account a card you may already have and add it and I like to know when I have doubles of a card so i can sell it or use it to trade. So, if I already have a #245 Upper Deck hockey and I open a new pack and get another I wouldn't know unless every time I open a pack, I check every card in my Organize collection for that particular set then go to the guide and add the card as have 2 under the quantity! Thats way too time consuming as I open a box every few days. How do you do it? Am I missing something? I was going to try adding the complete set weather I have the cards in it or not to my organize and then use that as my checklist and add a 1 or 2 etc. in the amount column but that seems stupid to have a whole set in organize when I only have some of the cards. Thanks for your help in advance!! 

Huh Huh

RE: Adding Cards In Organize Help
I use 2 windows when encountering the situation you describe. One with organize and one with OPG. So, When adding cards to my organize if I see cards that I already have (the add button is lighter than the others) then I copy card description and search my org in a separate window then update the quantity there. If it's a card/set that is new or I know I dont have any of them, I just click add and put in quantity and then continue on down the list adding by checkmarks.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(08-13-2023, 08:04 AM)floydtown Wrote: I use 2 windows when encountering the situation you describe. One with organize and one with OPG. So, When adding cards to my organize if I see cards that I already have (the add button is lighter than the others) then I copy card description and search my org in a separate window then update the quantity there. If it's a card/set that is new or I know I dont have any of them, I just click add and put in quantity and then continue on down the list adding by checkmarks.

Thanks for the tip! It would be so nice if the website updated your organize automatically considering your logged in but not so. Thanks again!!

(08-13-2023, 08:04 AM)floydtown Wrote: I use 2 windows when encountering the situation you describe. One with organize and one with OPG. So, When adding cards to my organize if I see cards that I already have (the add button is lighter than the others) then I copy card description and search my org in a separate window then update the quantity there. If it's a card/set that is new or I know I dont have any of them, I just click add and put in quantity and then continue on down the list adding by checkmarks.
Wait lol. Your saying that you add the entire collection to organize, say 2022-23 Upper Deck Hockey Base, and then just check the ones you have? Im sorry. I am searching the centire collection via OPG and then adding them to organize via the little tab that comes up on the right. Sorry Im not understanding lmao!

(08-13-2023, 11:54 AM)BostonBruins1969 Wrote: Wait lol. Your saying that you add the entire collection to organize, say 2022-23 Upper Deck Hockey Base, and then just check the ones you have? Im sorry. I am searching the centire collection via OPG and then adding them to organize via the little tab that comes up on the right. Sorry Im not understanding lmao!
Your saying that you add the entire collection to organize, say 2022-23 Upper Deck Hockey Base, and then just check the ones you have? NO
example-
I just received cards from a break, all from 2023 Select Draft Picks. I start adding them after searching 2023 Select Draft Picks and applying any filters in OPG. Going down the list I put checkmarks in the cards Im adding BUT if I see the add button lighter than the others it means I already have one in my organize. Then search in org in a separate window and update the quantity.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(08-13-2023, 11:34 AM)BostonBruins1969 Wrote: Thanks for the tip! It would be so nice if the website updated your organize automatically considering your logged in but not so. Thanks again!!
I am unclear about what you mean by the website updating your Organize automatically, considering you are logged in.

It does...When you are in OPG, as floydtown mentioned, the cards you already have in your Organize show up with a grey (rather than teal) Add To Organize button.  For those, the check box method will not simply add to what you already have.  In fact, I just discovered that the check box method, in that case, doesn't appear to impact those cards at all.

If you see the grey Add button, you must find that card in your Organize and edit the quantity there.  Two browser tabs, one OPG, and one Organize, also works best for me.  In the Organize tab, search for the set you are opening.  There is no need to do an Organize search for each individual card.

I can only imagine many of us deal with what you describe regularly.  When I bust open a hobby or jumbo box, it is not uncommon to get multiples of individual cards.  The check box method does not work for that case either.  So, I prefer to use the Add button for each [new] card instead.  That pop-up auto-fills the set and quantity values based on your last submission.  At most, I will have to update a "2" to a "1."  Still pretty efficient.  You also still have to update the quantities of cards you already have in the Organize tab.