`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Replacements

Factory Replacements
I was wondering how critical any of you might be in deciding whether or not to return a card for replacement, whether due to corners, tool marks, etc.

I have a large stack (~100), after lots of purchasing/birthday gifts, this past week, but also don't know if I may be being too critical.

Thanks for your input

RE: Factory Replacements
I have been waiting 17+ months for Panini to replace two cards.

Topps took 6+ months to try to replace a Julio Rodriguez Update RC with a random Ted Williams insert, which I had to fight for two weeks to get starightened out.

No offense at all, but people sending in 100+ cards at a time is the reason these card companies are so backed up.

Base cards are so plentiful, I end up just tossing the damaged ones in the trash. I would just worry about good $ RC's and Inserts. Just my two cents.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Low end cards toss in the trash/recycle/donate.

Decent cards send in and wait 2+ years.

True..I get some damaged cards..if base..throw away..if good send in..Topps is so-so but Panini is awful (in my opinion and history)..but I guess I do not have to worry about Panini anymore since they have no current players in the sets and I do not need to buy the product..

Appreciate the answers. My OCD makes it difficult to let something go, so I truly appreciate the info.

One other question - What value do you use to decide good versus low-end?

Again, thank you for your responses

(07-26-2023, 03:37 PM)sharkbyte Wrote: Appreciate the answers.  My OCD makes it difficult to let something go, so I truly appreciate the info.

One other question - What value do you use to decide good versus low-end?

Again, thank you for your responses
Personally, I throw $1.50 or less into a box that eventually gets sold or donated.  There are some trades where others request them so all are in my ORG regardless of value.

Sickens me every time I hear about others throwing cards away!  There is absolutely no reason to do that with modern cards.  I have thrown away 80's.

Do they also throw away their loose change??!

And, yes, I too have OCD tendencies.

(07-26-2023, 04:32 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Personally, I throw $1.50 or less into a box that eventually gets sold or donated.  There are some trades where others request them so all are in my ORG regardless of value.
I must admit to setting mine at $1.  Soft sleeve only.  Top load at $5.  Which, in my re-organizing has left me with a couple thousand extra top loads.   lol   Seems like a lot until I realized I've purchased more than 15k over the years...

I will, occasionally, keep down to .75, but only for big-name players, and only MLB at this point.  *shrug*  Can't seem to break myself of it.

Best of luck on all your collecting