`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
One "Mega" Box - 2022 Playbook - Pleased!

One "Mega" Box - 2022 Playbook - Pleased!
Gem Mint Fire Banger bros,

Some of you may remember that the 2021 Playbook retail product was good to me last year, with a Micah Parsons rookie auto and a Kadarius Toney booklet in the same "mega" box.

I say "mega" because I don't really see how five packs of four cards apiece can really count as "mega," but whatever, we're talking Panini logic.

Anyway, for the low low price of $44.99 at my local Target, I decided to try another one of this year's product.

Glad I did!

Rookie cards and inserts:

- Sauce Gardner
- Breece Hall (does anyone else always seem to get these two together? Not complaining, I collect both of them)
- Keontay Ingram (USC PC)
- Kenneth Walker III Red Zone insert
- Dameon Pierce Next Up insert
- Velus Jones purple parallel
- Derek Stingley
- Cam Taylor-Britt
- George Karlaftis
- Hassan Haskins parallel (some kind of prizmy checkerboard looking card ... Michigan PC)

Veteran inserts/parallels:

- Matthew Stafford Sketchbooks (I will always love the guy)
- Michael Carter purple parallel

Of course, the mega boxes advertise one auto or mem card per box.

Based on the massive checklist of all the spares I could have gotten, as well as the ever looming possibility (probability?) of "Rewards" cards, I was absolutely thrilled to pull this PC item ...

[Image: Christian.jpg]

Naturally the back says the jersey swatch is "not from any specific game or event," so as much as I'd like to believe that Panini hustled and tracked down a game-worn McCaffrey 49ers jersey the same season he was traded there and then deftly inserted it into cards just a few weeks later, the more likely story is that it is from a Rookie Photo Shoot jersey worn by CJ Beathard in 2017.

As for Lions, one base St. Brown card, which is one more than I got in my recent Prizm blaster.

Either way, I'm still pretty happy with it.

One and done on these!

RE: One "Mega" Box - 2022 Playbook - Pleased!
Congrats on the PC adds! Thanks to the CMC card, your Gem Mint Fire Banger Club Membership has been renewed for another year.

(06-12-2023, 01:22 PM)jplarson Wrote: Congrats on the PC adds!  Thanks to the CMC card, your Gem Mint Fire Banger Club Membership has been renewed for another year.
Let's Effing Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Kids!!!

Way to go RJ. Always nice when you pull some PC cards especially if it is the box hit.

(06-12-2023, 02:16 PM)akaus Wrote: Way to go RJ. Always nice when you pull some PC cards especially if it is the box hit.
There are so many "hits" in this product, not counting parallels and Rewards cards, that the odds of pulling this card were pretty astronomical out of one box ...

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2022...ball-cards

Pretty crazy.

(I realize not all hits on that list were eligible for retail, but still ...)