`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Such an Awesome Mailday, It Deserves its Own Thread - Thanks JP!

Such an Awesome Mailday, It Deserves its Own Thread - Thanks JP!
Banger Bros!

I got such an awesome package in the mail from our friend JP today, that "Gem Fire" doesn't even do it justice ... maybe like, Galactic Universe Time Warp Banger or something?

So I open the big brown box to find this inside ... 2002 Pacific Heads Update Hobby Box!

[Image: Update-Box.jpg]

But, it was a decoy ... sort of ... many empty wrappers covering up some GEM FIRE BANGER Lions PC cards ...

[Image: Singles-Correct.jpg]

Some awesome cards that I didn't have most of, such as my favorite Rookies & Stars product.

Not pictured here, but perhaps the most sentimental part of the gift was a Finest team set of Lions greats like Barry Sanders, Charlie Batch and Johnnie Morton from Mr. Finest himself, JP.

Very special because these obviously come from his own PC - much appreciated, I didn't have any of those!

But ... not done yet ... not even close. The gimmick with these 2002 Heads Update boxes is that each one came with a random bobblehead inside its own box within the bigger box ...

[Image: Bobble.jpg]

Now, I gotta admit, I was betting/hoping it was a Detroit Lion, because why else would JP send it to me?

And if the year was 2002, the main man to get for Lions was ... BANG ... Joey F. Harrington!!!

[Image: Joey.jpg]

To this day I swear that guy could have been a great QB if they didn't switch coaches and coordinators pretty much every year he was there.

But ... we're still not done.

There was one package marked with specific instructions ...

[Image: Package.jpg]

And I could quickly see why ...

[Image: Autos-Correct.jpg]

Rookie autos of Lions QB of the Future Hendon Hooker and free agent pickup Mo Ibrahim - coaches and fans are very high on him!

EDIT - Forgot to mention, JP also included a beautiful Pro Set gold numbered/199 single of Georgia TE Brock Bowers for my PC - he's a local guy and a potential first round pick in the 2024 draft.

To say that I was surprised and awed by JP's generosity is a massive understatement.

I can't thank you enough, sir - I've got a 2022 Score Chicago Bears team set coming your way!

(I'm sorry, I just can't pass up any opportunity on that ... but I mean it about the Thank You part!!!)

RE: Such an Awesome Mailday, It Deserves its Own Thread - Thanks JP!
Awesome job JP !!!!
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

JP gonna JP. A very generous package as always!
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

Way to go JP. Some really nice additions to your collection RJ. I hope Hooker does well.

Added in an edit to the original post about an awesome Brock Bowers card that JP also included.

Thanks man!!!

Nice Gem Fire Bangers - that is worth a full set of 2022 Score Chicago Bears Parallels

(05-25-2023, 03:51 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Nice Gem Fire Bangers - that is worth a full set of 2022 Score Chicago Bears Parallels
LOL, sorry JP

"Caspar the Friendly Ghost parallel, serial numbered to 0"

Thanks all and RJ glad you liked it!  When I bought that Pacific box and saw the Joey in there I knew immediately where it belonged Smile.

Also you joke about those 2022 Score Bears cards, but I finally found some!!!!!  See the image below:

JP is the MAN! And he can custom those 2022 Score Bears!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]