Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Rallies for Much Better Damage Replacement

Topps Rallies for Much Better Damage Replacement
Baseball banger bros,

In another thread I detailed how Topps was going to replace the following two damaged cards ...

- Julio Rodriguez Topps Update US44 (RC)
- Julio Rodriguez Topps Update US97 (MLB Debut)

With the following two cards ...

- Julio Rodriguez Topps Update US97 (MLB Debut)
- Ted Williams Topps Update 87TBU-12

Obviously, not cool to replace the best card in the set with a filler throwback that nobody wants.

I filed a complaint with Topps, and after some back and forth, I received the US97 today as well as this ...

[Image: Franco.jpg] 

Wander Franco 1987 throwback, black, serial numbered 45/299!

That's more like it, Topps!

The really funny part - they also threw in a pack of Topps Update ... and I pulled the Williams.

I greatly appreciate them trying harder in the end, I'm pretty happy with the Franco.

RE: Topps Rallies for Much Better Damage Replacement
This a great positive thread..I wish I had any luck with redemptions..but ALAS..no such luck..

Glad you got the Wander!!

(05-08-2023, 12:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Baseball banger bros,

I filed a complaint with Topps, and after some back and forth, I received the US97 today as well as this ...

[Image: Franco.jpg] 

Wander Franco 1987 throwback, black, serial numbered 45/299!

That's more like it, Topps!

The really funny part - they also threw in a pack of Topps Update ... and I pulled the Williams.

I greatly appreciate them trying harder in the end, I'm pretty happy with the Franco.
He who barks gets the first bite!

I mean, them initially thinking the two were even remotely comparable was laughable.

Especially given the fact that I sent in the claim the very first day Update was available in retail, so "while supplies last" shouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

I actually laughed when I pulled the Williams in the free pack, I swear Topps knew it was in there and was just trolling me.

Congrats. Always nice to see positive resolution to a situation. Just wonder where the Wander was sitting?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-08-2023, 05:11 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats.  Always nice to see positive resolution to a situation.  Just wonder where the Wander was sitting?
No idea.

When I first contacted them, I pointed out the discrepancy in "sold" values online, and they asked for screenshots for verification.

(Because common sense would not be enough to tell you that the best rookie card in the set and some random filler insert are not comp values, but OK.)

So I sent them some screenshots of the raw Julio US44 selling for as much as $12 and the Williams selling for as little as 59 cents.

Most sales on the Franco were in the $14-27 range, so they went a little above slot, but isn't that how it should be?

The card you pull is damaged and you wait six months for it, they can spare a few bucks in book value on a replacement, especially if they're not going to do a card for card exchange.

I wish Panini would handle these things like this.

Forgot to mention, I'm a sucker for the Topps sticker over the top of the holder ... gives it that "factory direct" feel.

Feel the same with Panini stickers..got 12 of them recently..they are unloading the last 10-12 year redemptions..

(05-18-2023, 05:48 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Feel the same with Panini stickers..got 12 of them recently..they are of loading the last 10-12 year redemptions..
Better late than never I guess.