`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone watching MLB Network's Carded?

Anyone watching MLB Network's Carded?
Finally a show about baseball cards. I can relate to the passion they consistently talk about and take pride that I have many of the cards they showcase on the show. I especially like the pack rips with former players in each episode. My wife walked in a couple weeks ago when one of her favorite actresses, Mayim Bialik was showing off her collection. She was surprised that someone she likes (other than me) collects cards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Anyone watching MLB Network's Carded?
I would love to watch it but my wife already despises my hobby, so no way I would be caught dead trying to watch it.

Thanks! I discussed this in another threads comment. I love this show - short and sweet and about cards....not the other BS in the "hobby". Like the players/former players discussing cards, especially their own cards. Shame it's kinda baseball only......for our other sport friends

I suggest Chasing Cardboard YouTube channel for cool card content - it's about buying collections but I love it, seeing all the different and interesting cards/sets ect.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I DVR it..like the show

There also is the card life, currently hosted by MLB pitcher Matt Strahm. It is sponsored by a graded company and other companies with apps, etc. I watch the card life on bally sports.

It is pretty good too. I think if you go to google, you can watch other episodes of carded and the card life.

(05-08-2023, 01:52 PM)david campos Wrote: There also is the card life, currently hosted by MLB pitcher Matt Strahm. It is sponsored by a graded company and other companies with apps, etc. I watch the card life on bally sports.

It is pretty good too. I think if you go to google, you can watch other episodes of carded and the card life.
Thanks - just found The Card Life - since Matt now pitches for the Phillies, somehow it found it's way to me.....good show!

I watched the card life last year, but could not find it on my cable system..and I have a lot of channels...is the show the reruns form last year or a new show??

(05-09-2023, 05:17 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I watched the card life last year, but could not find it on my cable system..and I have a lot of channels...is the show the reruns form last year or a new show??
I found it on YouTube - I spend a lot of time on YT for my card hobby information/entertainment.

I found it on utube as well..
It used to be on regular cable..think it did well enough that MLB tv made they own show.  It is Topps sponsored...last episode they talked about RC and said that the Griffey Topps card was the RC.  No mention of other cards like 1989 Upper Deck #1.

But, someone has to pay for the show...I like it and DVR it.

(05-09-2023, 08:27 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I found it on utube as well..
It used to be on regular cable..think it did well enough that MLB tv made they own show.  It is Topps sponsored...last episode they talked about RC and said that the Griffey Topps card was the RC.  No mention of other cards like 1989 Upepr Deck #1.

But, someone has to pay for the show...I like it and DVR it.
LOL, "let's ignore the most iconic card in an iconic set that was years ahead of its time because, you know, sponsors"