Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumping 1952 Topps cards in the ocean

Dumping 1952 Topps cards in the ocean
Hello everyone,
                Theere was a card produced that was part of a subset and it showed people tossing cases of 1952 Topps into the ocean but cant remember what year it was. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RE: Dumping 1952 Topps cards in the ocean
See the stories out there...urban legend??  Seems I can not find a card commemorating this event..just stories..

Think the year was 1960 or 1961. Topps had a warehouse that they needed cleaned up and disposed a bunch of cases that they deep-ed 6. So the story goes. Blame Sy Berger! LOL....

Think it's funny that people talk about how much the toss would be worth esp. the Mantles - they are worth what they are today because they were tossed.

I'm a moron - no....don't know the set.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The price would be lower if there were 10000 more copies etc...but with the centering issues..how many would be 50/50 centered??  i remember a lot of miscut cards from this era

To answer your question . . . it's this card.

2010 Topps Tales of the Game #TOG4 Topps Dumps 1952 Cards/in the River
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

There is an entire set released recently about this event. It's Topps x Naturel. https://www.beckett.com/news/2022-topps-...all-cards/

You know some member of the dim-witted DBN is going to see this and go deep sea diving to try to find them.

I remember that now..actually have that card in commons box..

AH..sweet memories!!

(04-07-2023, 09:17 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You know some member of the dim-witted DBN is going to see this and go deep sea diving to try to find them.
Given how good they are at following rules and how physically fit much of the DBN is, that will not end well

(04-07-2023, 11:49 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Given how good they are at following rules and how physically fit much of the DBN is, that will not end well
Ironically, they will splash around like big fat seals because they can't swim, and then will get eaten by ... wait for it ... sharks.