`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death, Taxes, and...Young MLB Players

Death, Taxes, and...Young MLB Players
There are certain things inevitable to occur, and it seems to me that the roller coaster values on young players is now in the mix with death and taxes.

I collect Stott, Bohm, Kelenic, R. Lewis, Larnach and Kiriloff.  I cannot count the number of times any of these guys have red or green arrows.  I would be so bold to say the number of days in OPG that they don't have arrows is less than the number of days they do.

It messes with my mind!

RE: Death, Taxes, and...Young MLB Players
People go full boom-or-bust on young players, especially leading up to, and early on in, the season. Struck out? Nope, not gonna pan out. Hit a home run? See, I was right: they'll be in the Hall of Fame one day. No one collects based on the potential of someone being a really good player for many years; it's all or nothing.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

A good week and green. A bad week and red. Not for me.

On a related note, went back through my Bowman stuff looking for Anthony Volpe and found two 2020 Bowman Platinum cards, as well as a 2021 Bowman card.

I also know I have some Team USA stuff of his, just have to dig it out.

(04-04-2023, 03:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: On a related note, went back through my Bowman stuff looking for Anthony Volpe and found two 2020 Bowman Platinum cards, as well as a 2021 Bowman card.

I also know I have some Team USA stuff of his, just have to dig it out.
Luckily. I have an auto from the Team USA ... I’m sure all of his cards are going crazy now.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-10-2023, 11:30 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Luckily. I have an auto from the Team USA ... I’m sure all of his cards are going crazy now.
Very nice!

I went back and found a Team USA base card - so I'm up to a grand total of four now, LOL