`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked I have not heard more about the new Beckett Collect Beta?

Shocked I have not heard more about the new Beckett Collect Beta?
What is going on with this project, the header has shown it for months but nothing in the way of real info yet? When is launch? Is anyone on the board testing it? Is it actually in Beta or just a concept at the moment?
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

RE: Shocked I have not heard more about the new Beckett Collect Beta?
It's a work in progress-I've seen it. On the home page click the tab to sign up for beta access when it releases.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I did this months ago. Just wondering if it will ever go live or at least start a true beta.

Yes, next step is beta launch which should be weeks out not months.

Some members were asked for input and saw bits of it. I got an extended preview so I can say it's close - Date TBD though
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

we had another thread but my last reply was:
I see this as a crawl walk run process. This beta launch will be a slow crawl and the organize will not change. You will not lose your cards entered etc. It's a beta launch

As it progresses over time they will add more features and integrate other things that will not be in the beta launch.

At the full run stage, yes it is likely to replace the organize all together. Not sure how long that will take to get to that point or what that end state will look like yet but from what I have seen and been told I really like it.

There are a lot of things that will be added before the final version is issued-keep that in mind when previewing the beta.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(01-03-2023, 02:39 PM)chester2002 Wrote: I did this months ago. Just wondering if it will ever go live or at least start a true beta.
Same here....still waiting for release and cost/options before rejoining ORG & baseball pricing - LETS GO!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I am interested and signed up a while ago...HOWEVER..I am SCARED too

Years ago, the ORG crashed and burned and they said a new one was coming and ALL THE CARDS FROM THE OLDER VERSION WOULD BE THERE!!  They were not and I had to load a lot of cards back..

If that happens and I have 213000 cards in all areas of the ORG..It would put me in the asylum!!!

Just worried..they do not have a great track record on stuff like this and I have been around Beckett since 1999..

Hoping for the best!!!

(01-03-2023, 04:54 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I am interested and signed up a while ago...HOWEVER..I am SCARED too

Years ago, the ORG crashed and burned and they said a new one was coming and ALL THE CARDS FROM THE OLDER VERSION WOULD BE THERE!!  They were not and I had to load a lot of cards back..

If that happens and I have 213000 cards in all areas of the ORG..It would put me in the asylum!!!

Just worried..they do not have a great track record on stuff like this and I have been around Beckett since 1999..

Hoping for the best!!!
That would not be good with that many cards. I did ask and I have been told no organize transition will happen at beta launch. Hopefully that doesn't change. When we get closer to full launch I will bring it up again.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Im fine with Collect taking as long as needed to get properly launched. Id much rather have a stable and solid system with limited bugs that takes forever to roll out than a hastily rolled out system that fails spectacularly.

I too am fine with slow and steady route, it takes time to create quality software (I test Software for a living) I was more or less curious on the timeline and if anyone had seen it yet or been able to play with it in a limited state.

My bigger concern is that the project doesn't suck up resources normally used for the pricing and checklists in the current org/pricing application. We are paying for those and would hope to see the pricing and checklists updated at a more regular pace. Especially the older stuff from last year etc....