Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge/Goldschmidt Sponsored Break of 2020-21 Optic NBA

Judge/Goldschmidt Sponsored Break of 2020-21 Optic NBA
Baseball Bros,

So I sent in my Aaron Judge and Paul Goldschmidt 2022 Topps Chrome base cards to Dave & Adams to take them up on the "MVP Buyback" promotion.

I got $40 in store credit (well, minus the $8.95 shipping) and ordered a blaster of 2020-21 Optic Basketball and some sleeves.

(For those of you that get offended if anyone mentions a different sport in the baseball forums, please quit reading and move on with your day.)

The DBN gobbles up pretty much everything basketball related out here (except for Chronicles and Chronicles Draft for some reason), so I never saw a single pack of this in retail.

Anyway, was hoping for a Rated Rookie card of LaMelo Ball or Anthony Edwards, as I am a total sucker for that iconic logo.

Welp, didn't pull either one - Panini went ahead and subbed Nick Richards of the Hornets and Jaden McDaniels of the Timberwolves, I think they do that as a really funny joke - but I did pull the following:

- LeBron James purple prizm "Winner Stays" insert
- Stephen Curry T-Minus insert
- Stephen Curry Express Lane insert
- Giannis "My House" insert

As for RCs, I got Obi Toppin and a bunch of second round picks, so "meh" there.

But, to their credit, Dave & Adams shipped quickly (got it in 6 days) and I appreciate them doing the promotion, as the closest participating LCS to me is about an hour and a half away.

RE: Judge/Goldschmidt Sponsored Break of 2020-21 Optic NBA
Awesome! Congrats & enjoy! Other then the Sixers, Duke & Big 5 college basketball (D1 Philadelphia schools) not much of a basketball fan re collectibles/cards. But always enjoy conversing with you! Have a great one.....Panini sucks!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Judge/Goldschmidt Sponsored Break of 2020-21 Optic NBA
(12-13-2022, 07:14 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome!  Congrats & enjoy!  Other then the Sixers, Duke & Big 5 college basketball (D1 Philadelphia schools) not much of a basketball fan re collectibles/cards.  But always enjoy conversing with you!  Have a great one.....Panini sucks!!!!
LOL, thank you kind sir.

Though I didn't pull what I was hoping for, objectively speaking it was a good blaster ... put it this way, if someone offered me the LeBron purple prizm, the two Curry cards and the Giannis for the Judge and Goldschmidt cards, I would have jumped all over it.

Happy holidays to you and yours, my friend.