`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Counterfeit Football Memorabilia Caught

More Counterfeit Football Memorabilia Caught
United States Customs have announced that they intercepted a shipment of 422 fake Super Bowl Rings (presumably to be sold as the genuine article and not the cheap replicas you sometimes see getting sold but who knows) which were impounded due to trademark infringement.

There are numerous fake football cards online that copy Panini's designs - especially fake Patrick Mahomes rookie autographs - and some of them come complete with fake grades  - these are being sold openly.  Likely many of these counterfeit cards are also being sold at flea markets and card shows and the like to unsuspecting collectors 

If the NFL cares enough to get the government to stop the importation of fake Super Bowl rings, why don't they care enough to stop online sales of counterfeit football cards?

RE: More Counterfeit Football Memorabilia Caught
(11-30-2022, 09:55 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: United States Customs have announced that they intercepted a shipment of 422 fake Super Bowl Rings (presumably to be sold as the genuine article and not the cheap replicas you sometimes see getting sold but who knows) which were impounded due to trademark infringement.

There are numerous fake football cards online that copy Panini's designs - especially fake Patrick Mahomes rookie autographs - and some of them come complete with fake grades  - these are being sold openly.  Likely many of these counterfeit cards are also being sold at flea markets and card shows and the like to unsuspecting collectors 

If the NFL cares enough to get the government to stop the importation of fake Super Bowl rings, why don't they care enough to stop online sales of counterfeit football cards?
Probably because someone at Panini told them, "don't worry about it, it's cool, whatever."

And then went outside for another two-hour smoke break to look at their cell phone.

(11-30-2022, 12:44 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Probably because someone at Panini told them, "don't worry about it, it's cool, whatever."

And then went outside for another two-hour smoke break to look at their cell phone.
And this is what the "new" corporate world is becoming, from my vantage point.  Literally, nobody can put in a full days work it seems.  We "old-timers" laugh at it
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(11-30-2022, 01:31 PM)Speak917 Wrote: And this is what the "new" corporate world is becoming, from my vantage point.  Literally, nobody can put in a full days work it seems.  We "old-timers" laugh at it
I saw a guy riding a bike down the street the other day, looking at his phone (with headphones on) the entire time.

I mean, what could go wrong?

(11-30-2022, 02:11 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I saw a guy riding a bike down the street the other day, looking at his phone (with headphones on) the entire time.

I mean, what could go wrong?
I saw what could go wrong, my first week living in Chicago....the rider quickly became a hood ornament.  Rode straight through a red light and a car turning left....

(11-30-2022, 02:17 PM)Speak917 Wrote: I saw what could go wrong, my first week living in Chicago....the rider quickly became a hood ornament.  Rode straight through a red light and a car turning left....
My other favorite is watching a young parent pushing their child in a stroller through a park on a beautiful day ... glued to their phone the entire time.

Ah, the memories.

Or when fans have courtside seats at a basketball game and look at their phone the whole time ... guess there's not enough to look at.

I weep for this generation and what is to come.

(11-30-2022, 03:16 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I weep for this generation and what is to come.
Me too.  It's sad to watch.  I just can't get over the fact, that the majority think nothing is wrong.

(11-30-2022, 03:34 PM)Speak917 Wrote: Me too.  It's sad to watch.  I just can't get over the fact, that the majority think nothing is wrong.
Another favorite - two people out to dinner, facing each other at a table, both looking at their phones

Great conversation!

(11-30-2022, 04:38 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Another favorite - two people out to dinner, facing each other at a table, both looking at their phones

Great conversation!
ALL THE TIME.

(11-30-2022, 05:04 PM)Speak917 Wrote: ALL THE TIME.
LOL, it's like, you could have ordered takeout, had it delivered and sat on your couch and looked at your phone.