Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Finally, Bros ... FINALLY!

Finally, Bros ... FINALLY!
What's up, Gem Fire Banger Bros?

As many of you may recall, I am one of the biggest Mike Trout collectors on the Beckett boards.

Over the past 12 years, ever since he made his MLB debut in 2011, I have busted hundreds of Topps blasters across all brands and pulled some pretty decent Trout cards ...

- A camo parallel numbered to 99 out of a blaster of 2013 Topps Update
- A purple parallel numbered to 10 out of a single $10.99 mixer pack of 2014 Bowman
- An SSP photo variation valued (at the time) in the neighborhood of four Benjamins out of a blaster of 2020 Update
- Three or four manufactured relic cards out of various flagship products over the years

But never had I pulled an actual "hit" - jersey or auto card - of Mr. Trout.

We're talking hundreds of blasters, hangers, jumbos, etc. - nada, zip, zilch, zero.

Well, on Saturday, I grabbed the last four hanger packs of 2022 Topps Update from my local Walmart and was absolutely thrilled to pull this ...

[Image: Trout.jpg]

Now, is it arguably the most boring photo they possibly could have chosen?

For sure.

But I love the fact that it's a nice red swatch and, more importantly, I finally pulled my own hit of my main PC guy.

What a Gem Fire Banger, Bros ... as they say on the DBN box breaks that young children undoubtedly listen to ...

Let's effing goooooooooooo!

RE: Finally, Bros ... FINALLY!
Congrats. I have never pulled a mem or valued parallel of Kirby Puckett, my favorite player.

(11-14-2022, 10:57 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Congrats.  I have never pulled a mem or valued parallel of Kirby Puckett, my favorite player.
The only good Puckett I ever pulled was a manufactured relic from the 70th anniversary set ... otherwise, nothin'

[Image: Kirby.jpg]

Congrats finally getting an awesome pull! Personally very happy for you! LET's GO indeed!

If you get a chance, see a You Tube video of Trout discussing his cards and his collecting - PSA Tout (something like that)

Enjoy!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-14-2022, 01:10 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats finally getting an awesome pull!  Personally very happy for you!  LET's GO indeed!

If you get a chance, see a You Tube video of Trout discussing his cards and his collecting - PSA Tout (something like that)

Enjoy!
Thank you, my friend ... you have been the greatest trade partner and contributor to my Trout collection, by far!

I was hoping you would see this!

Congrats RJ. I'm glad you finally pulled a Trout. It's a nice looking card.

(11-14-2022, 01:40 PM)akaus Wrote: Congrats RJ. I'm glad you finally pulled a Trout. It's a nice looking card.
Thanks man!

I wish he was swinging the bat or throwing the ball or something but I'll definitely take it.

Yeah I agree on that, but I have seen worse pictures.

Congrats on the nice pull. Who cares if it's a boring photo. It's a PC player card you pulled yourself, and a type of card (mem card) that you hadn't pulled before. So great pull. 

I might some extra Trouts laying round I could see if you needed. Nothing big, so I'm sure you have most. But I can check. I'm always looking for Rangers I don't have.

(11-14-2022, 03:19 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Congrats on the nice pull. Who cares if it's a boring photo. It's a PC player card you pulled yourself, and a type of card (mem card) that you hadn't pulled before. So great pull. 

I might some extra Trouts laying round I could see if you needed. Nothing big, so I'm sure you have most. But I can check. I'm always looking for Rangers I don't have.
That would be great, I'd appreciate it, thanks!

I purged a ton of stuff in the summer of 2018 so I'd love to backfill some base and lower end stuff that I gave up back then ... but open to anything.

Thanks!