`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is wrong with this site

RE: What the hell is wrong with this site
My baseball  2 yr subscription ends next month and I've been getting emails and calls from a certain Beckett rep to get my subscription renewed, and i was  thinking of trying two other sports subscriptions if it the cost was practical for me.. my experience with this rep has been totally a negative, didn't care for any of my comments about the isses we have with the organizer and  in my opinion didn't give a price that was practical for me and actually  offered a second price which was more per month than the first offer.totally makes me want to let my subscription run out, but i like that i can track most of my collection here..and I'm  pretty patient with all the glitches and issues that I've encountered, and I've enjoyed everyone I've interacted  with on here, Ive less than a month to decide to renew,  maybe just pay for the organizer and slowly put everything on an excel spreadsheet and then cancel later..comments welcomed..lol.sorry for the rant..lol..most I've posted at once..lol

(08-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Dukester Wrote: My baseball  2 yr subscription ends next month and I've been getting emails and calls from a certain Beckett rep to get my subscription renewed, and i was  thinking of trying two other sports subscriptions if it the cost was practical for me.. my experience with this rep has been totally a negative, didn't care for any of my comments about the isses we have with the organizer and  in my opinion didn't give a price that was practical for me and actually  offered a second price which was more per month than the first offer.totally makes me want to let my subscription run out, but i like that i can track most of my collection here..and I'm  pretty patient with all the glitches and issues that I've encountered, and I've enjoyed everyone I've interacted  with on here, Ive less than a month to decide to renew,  maybe just pay for the organizer and slowly put everything on an excel spreadsheet and then cancel later..comments welcomed..lol.sorry for the rant..lol..most I've posted at once..lol
Sales representatives calling or emailing every 3-6 months is an interesting marketing strategy. I guess it is Beckett's way of awarding loyalty.  The deals are slightly better than the posted rates, and it gives you a chance to get ahead of possible inflation.  I recommend sticking with email (don't call them or answer when they call).

However, your subscription decision is entirely situation dependent.  If you can't afford it when they call, decline.  Monthly single sport isn't really that bad of a deal.  Even a break in your subscription won't be the end of the world.

If you can, I encourage you to stick with it at whatever level fits your needs/budget.  The more subscribers this site has, the better it is for all of us.

As for card information in an Excel spreadsheet or database, that's great. First, it will be a lot of work no matter how you go about it.  Second (and the kicker for me), is the challenge of updated pricing.

Those are my thoughts.

(08-26-2022, 07:02 PM)Dukester Wrote: My baseball  2 yr subscription ends next month and I've been getting emails and calls from a certain Beckett rep to get my subscription renewed...
I got calls from a beckett rep about renewing my 2-year subscription too. Thing is I have more than a year to go before my sub runs out. I told her not to call back until next year. I think they're just trying to get a commitment out of me before I pass away. Not that I plan on passing away anytime soon but the reps don't know how old we are and a lot of us are getting up there in age.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(08-28-2022, 10:03 AM)zeprock Wrote: I got calls from a beckett rep about renewing my 2-year subscription too. Thing is I have more than a year to go before my sub runs out. I told her not to call back until next year. I think they're just trying to get a commitment out of me before I pass away. Not that I plan on passing away anytime soon but the reps don't know how old we are and a lot of us are getting up there in age.
Well that turned dark quickly. LOL

(08-28-2022, 10:03 AM)zeprock Wrote: I got calls from a beckett rep about renewing my 2-year subscription too. Thing is I have more than a year to go before my sub runs out. I told her not to call back until next year. I think they're just trying to get a commitment out of me before I pass away. Not that I plan on passing away anytime soon but the reps don't know how old we are and a lot of us are getting up there in age.
I thought working for a rock-n-roll station would keep you young forever!

(08-28-2022, 10:46 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I thought working for a rock-n-roll station would keep you young forever!
It does. I'm rocking the planet this very moment live at http://wkitfm.com. Tune in, listen online and hear my golden tones and tell me if I sound like an old man. I'll be here all day.  Cool
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(08-28-2022, 11:00 AM)zeprock Wrote: It does. I'm rocking the planet this very moment live at http://wkitfm.com. Tune in, listen online and hear my golden tones and tell me if I sound like an old man. I'll be here all day.  Cool
Sounds great Mark...I mean Fred.  Enjoy listening...smooth and cool Big Grin
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

This new "Beckett Collect" I'm seeing is ugly AF and not at all user friendly. So many "upgrades" lately that aren't actually upgrades.

Comic grading? GTFOH, you're gonna get wiped by the established competitor. Maybe consider remaining a viable trading card grader before branching out further.

And if those are the new BGS slabs, 4th place behind SGC, CSG and PSA has been solidified.
Kepler

If I don't renew, do I automatically lose the 8k cards I have in organize, forever, or will they be in there if I ever decide to renew further down the line? Anyone every tried this before? I know you get 500 for free, so I'm wondering how in the world they would decide which 7500 of my cards to delete, if that is how they do it. I'm curious. I will NOT be renewing, but just wondering if I needed access to the list down the line, and wanted to pay a months worth to get it, is that something that would be doable or is everything immediately deleted the second my subscription runs out?

(08-30-2022, 09:24 AM)spyarbrough80 Wrote: If I don't renew, do I automatically lose the 8k cards I have in organize, forever, or will they be in there if I ever decide to renew further down the line?  Anyone every tried this before?  I know you get 500 for free, so I'm wondering how in the world they would decide which 7500 of my cards to delete, if that is how they do it.  I'm curious.  I will NOT be renewing, but just wondering if I needed access to the list down the line, and wanted to pay a months worth to get it, is that something that would be doable or is everything immediately deleted the second my subscription runs out?
Your ORG lives forever, which is why we get upset when looking for certain cards to trade for only to find out the owner hasn't been on Beckett for years.