`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Active Membership 'flag' in profile

Active Membership 'flag' in profile
How many times have you sent a trade on Beckett only to find out later that they received your message but can not see the trade because they are not an active member.  Many users are on this site for various reasons but how ineffective is it to send a trade out and in many cases the trade notification was never received.
I think it would be helpful for every user (paying or non-paying) to have a flag on your profile that has a flag if an current 'member'?

RE: Active Membership 'flag' in profile
This is a great idea.

Agreed
Photobucket

I am an old school collector who values trades more than selling. I try not to even bother with BV if I have something you need and you have what I need. I am not about making money but rather like to see the hobby how it was meant to be. I have been a member of Beckett online now for over 14 years and honestly did not know you could even trade on here. Need some schooling but love the flag idea!

(08-07-2022, 09:28 PM)oldschoolcollector Wrote: I am an old school collector who values trades more than selling.  I try not to even bother with BV if I have something you need and you have what I need.  I am not about making money but rather like to see the hobby how it was meant to be.  I have been a member of Beckett online now for over 14 years and honestly did not know you could even trade on here.  Need some schooling but love the flag idea!
As it stands with your Organize/Collection right now, nothing is visible on your side of the trade application.  I think you have two collections designated "public", but nothing is marked with the "trade away" tag.

I am [honestly] not sure the "public" designation is necessary on your collection(s), but the "trade away" tag needs a quantity on each card you are willing to trade in your Organize.

My common practice is to key in a "have" quantity and place a "1" in the "trade away" field when I enter cards into my Organize.  Use the "Fill" button above the "trade away" column to take care of multiple cards at once in an existing collection (you will have to select the cards you want to change, first).

Good luck, and happy trading!

re: OldSchoolCollector
along with the good tip on how to set up your ORG for trading....yes !! you too can trade and i'd be happy to trade but you should also should also change the default on receiving private messages so others can connect with you. Good luck, Art