Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3X Bowman U Blasters

3X Bowman U Blasters
The Good:

Nice to open Topps football products again!

Blasters have a decent amount of default content

Kenny Pickett pink was the best card

The Bad:

The blasters I opened have nothing but the default content - 4 pink parallels (1 in 2 packs), 1 base refractor (1:7), and 1 Golden Boy.

The price point is too high for a product where you are getting nothing but unnumbered (and not particularly rare with most at 1:2 retail packs) parallels and inserts in at least half the blasters - the odds of a numbered card amount to about 1 in 7 blasters and an autograph in about 1 in 9 - those are terrible odds for a product that doesn't have a great checklist or imaginative design - and will have limited long term appeal

I have no idea who any of the other pink refractors or any of the base refractors are - although maybe having to look guys up makes opening boxes more fun

Card design is boring

Lots of repeat cards and parallels and inserts were of the same players

I don't see this having any staying power once the college uniform and NFL draft products come out 

Overall Verdict:

I do not recommend buying these - and my impression from the checklist that this will often lead to rough box breaks (and the lack of players that I wanted to get) is definitely true - even more so at retail when you can open multiple boxes without getting a numbered card or an autograph.  As happy as I am that Topps is making football cards again, I consider this to be, overall, a weak effort.   It's almost as bad as Panini.

Now if Topps Creates Topps U Magic Football, I'd buy it.   Topps U Archives Football would also be cool.

RE: 3X Bowman U Blasters
Did you pull any Brock Bowers, JJ McCarthy or Blake Corum?

Those are the three NIL guys I’m collecting at the moment.

RE: 3X Bowman U Blasters
(05-26-2022, 08:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Did you pull any Brock Bowers, JJ McCarthy or Blake Corum?

Those are the three NIL guys I’m collecting at the moment.
I think just base of those guys.

To be perfectly honest, outside of a couple of guys I pulled autos from Sage or Leaf and Kenny Pickett I really didn't recognize anyone I got a parallel of.  Maybe in a couple of years they will be first round draft picks.

I'm still holding out hope that Topps brings back Topps Magic