`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condition Choice Impact on Trade Value

Condition Choice Impact on Trade Value
I recently completed a trade with a user that had rated the cards I wanted at 9.5.  I didn't realize that was the case until I received the cards and saw them in My Collection.  I may have been able to see this earlier (as soon as the trade was accepted on both ends), but I don't typically do Organize cleanup until I have the cards in hand.

It was slightly annoying to match trade value initially because the cards that were rated as condition 9.5 showed a value of "N/A" in the trade app.  The app displays "condition value" only, and I believe raw cards max out at 9.0 in the OPG.

I am not sure Beckett can (or will bother to) solve this, but it is probably something users should know -> Don't rate cards you want to trade above 9.0 if you want to be a user-friendly trader!!!

RE: Condition Choice Impact on Trade Value
Most cards do not provide a value for half grades. As condition is always variable, and in the eye of the beholder, I seldom trade cards which are marked with a condition over NM-MT. IMO only the professional grading companies can deem a card Mint or Gem-Mint, and even though I may want the Mint & Gem-Mint value for my raw cards, if I feel I have a card with that condition, I can always submit it in to PSA or Beckett for grading.