`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Grading Service Experience

Beckett Grading Service Experience
I have been waiting quite some time to post this.  

I sent nine cards to Beckett for grading back in December 2020.  The order shows as received early January 2021.  I selected the Economy service level.  I got all but one of the graded cards back this week.  The one remaining card is a gaming card submission and still shows as "moved to repository".  So, turnaround time 13+ months.

Beckett had posted elevated turnaround times before I shipped my cards, but I didn't see that until a week or so after.  I can't say it was a happy revelation, but I accepted it.  I wish they could have communicated my order status better, but I guess I feel like I got what I paid for.

Now the results (of the eight I have back):

• Five BGS 9.5
  • Two BGS 9.0
  • One BGS 8.5
I am bummed with the 8.5 (1998 Topps Chrome Peyton Manning).  One of the 9.0s is a 2019 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Blue Refractors Fernando Tatis Jr.  I was hoping for a better grade on that one.  Overall, though, I am happy for sure.

There is my report.

RE: Beckett Grading Service Experience
The turnaround time and lack of communication is pretty weak, but five 9.5s and two 9s is pretty solid.

A friend and I are prepping a submission and the only one we've officially ruled out right now is PSA. SGC and CSG are looking better and better all the time. (I have high hopes for CSG based on their parent company.)

Thanks for the report.
Kepler

Congrats!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I've only ever sent into BGS a small handful of times back in the early 2000s so can't speak to what's going on now.

I find it odd though that they don't send back all at once though and shipped in multiple packages.  Maybe it's the norm but I've never heard of that.

I've always been a BGS guy. Love the slabs. I recently switched to a newer company though as I'm not waiting a year for the process and can't pay $150 plus per card. If they ever come down to a reasonable price and time peroid I'll switch back to Beckett again.

Congrats on the grades. 5 out of 8 is pretty dang good.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1