Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who does the hidden card trick?

RE: Who does the hidden card trick?
I think (not know) the main issue is this (has happened to me):

Somebody requests a trade for my $60 or $80 card. I look at their ORG and see tons of cards values less than $10. So, I say "I don't see anything worth trading for" and their reply is "tell me what you are looking for to see if I can put it up for trade". At that point I always cancel the trade.

Why? Because either the other person is hoping I will 'settle' for other cards to make a trade, or the person will go to COMC or eBay and buy a card they think I want at a discount and then trade it to me at full Beckett value.

(05-16-2022, 03:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I think (not know) the main issue is this (has happened to me):

Somebody requests a trade for my $60 or $80 card.  I look at their ORG and see tons of cards values less than $10.  So, I say "I don't see anything worth trading for" and their reply is "tell me what you are looking for to see if I can put it up for trade".  At that point I always cancel the trade.

Why?  Because either the other person is hoping I will 'settle' for other cards to make a trade, or the person will go to COMC or eBay and buy a card they think I want at a discount and then trade it to me at full Beckett value.
What really gets to me besides this is having someone send a trade offer to me for one of my duplicate Derek Jeter rookie cards. He wanted to get rid of some of his duplicate inserts of nobodies. (For example, a rookie card of Brien Taylor.) So I found a comparable Jeter card and put it in and sent the trade back. Not even 5 mnutes later he had sent it back, put the original trade cards back in and huffily said, "I don't trade my Jeters! So I told him I don't either, JERK and canceled the trade
." Which was ok with me.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Speaking from personal experience, I haven't done this, but the thought has come to mind.

I likely have cards that I would only trade for THE right card that I want more.

I know for sure there are some that I believe I don't have listed for trade. Rookie cards being a generic category I generally don't have listed as available.

I suppose I could always list everything, but decline a trade request, but I feel like that's just getting someone's hopes up unnecessarily.